fishspon
Users being logged out while composing posts
  • 2006/4/20 9:10

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/23

Lots of my users are complaining that they are being logged out while writing posts...

They click either "Reply" or "New topic", spend a while writing their post, and when they hit "Submit", an error gets displayed stating "You are not authorised to post in this forum".

I have set my session timeout to 4 hours, but this is still happening. Is this a known bug, or is it a client issue? I'm not on the *latest* version of Xoops, but i'd rather not post my version number here in case of exploits. I can pm it to you if it's necessary though.

More evidence directly from the users can be found here:

http://www.hififorum.co.uk/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=271&forum=2

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated... i'm missing some crucial content on the site due to this.

Thanks in advance!
[size=x-small]><> fishsponge <><
[HiFi Forum] [UNIX/Linux Forum] [Richard Hobbs][/size]

bluenova
Re: Users being logged out while composing posts

I havn't tried it myself, but I remember seeing a post from phppp saying the latest version of CBB solves this issue, are you running the latest version?

fishspon
  • 2006/4/20 9:14

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

phppp? cbb?

confused...

Bender
  • 2006/4/20 9:24

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

fishspon wrote:
phppp? cbb?

confused...

Hey cĀ“mon: Joined: 2003/11/23
You been around for a while - lol.

Lets start over:

Which module/version are you using for your forum?

- cbb is the successor of newbb
- phppp is the coauthor of newbb2 and author of cbb
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

fishspon
  • 2006/4/20 9:46

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

i believe i'm using XOOPS 2.0.7 and whichever newbb version came with that version of Xoops. According to the "Modules" section of the admin interface, i'm running version 1 of newbb.

Also, how can i find out what version of XOOPS i'm actually running? I do know what version i'm running, but only because i remember upgrading to it. Is there some way i can find out? There must be somewhere, but i can't find it! lol

If i upgrade from my XOOPS version to the latest (2.0.13.2), will my newbb forum be automatically upgraded to this new "cbb" product? Is it also safe to assume that, if this does happen, my forum config, and all my posts will be kept?

Bender
  • 2006/4/20 10:11

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

1. when you are in your admin area at the bottom of the screen you can see which XOOPS version you are running.

2. You should definately update to XOOPS 2.0.13.2 since despite some feature changes also several important security issues were fixed.
(use the search/faq please to find out how to upgrade - this is a regular question)

3. XOOPS was ever only distributed with newbb1 and its fixes. You will have to upgrade to cbb manually. The homepage of cbb ishttp://xoopsforge.com
And yes your posts will be kept of course.

4. i personally would advise you to testrun the whole update on your pc with a local copy of your website. Download your database and files. Setup Xampp and testrun everything there. When you are satisfied with the outcome do the update on your live site. (still do a backup before of db and files just in case something goes wrong)

Xampp comes in several versions with different php / MySQL versions. Here is a list so you can choose a version thats closest to the versions you are using on your webserver.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

fishspon
  • 2006/4/20 15:41

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

i have now upgraded to 2.0.13.2, and have also installed CBB 3.01

I have one final (and unrelated) questions though...

How can i setup email notification for when i receive a pm?

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (186 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits