robot
how do I..?
  • 2006/4/10 19:27

• robot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/10

Not that I wouldn't want to joke around or make my post pleasant or funny, I just know that no one has time and so I'll make it short.

I want to display city events via the ExtCal module. I have 9 cities total to work with.

Luckily ExtCal module has categories (and unluckily no sub-categories), nevertheless, I set each city as a category.

Then, the ExtCal has a "New Event" block, and I am able to choose a Category to display.... and here is my question..... display on what?

I have a city called "Prague", and I would only want on "all pages of Prague's module"... but, of course I don't know how to create a Prague's module (or what to use for it)

I tried using myHome module, which I like, and if there was only a way I could install the myHome 9 times, and each of them would be a "city"... then I could display the city related modules on that module

.... if you follow, please advise!

BIG thanks!

the site, if you are curious:http://www.vmeste.cz/

gestroud
Re: how do I..?
  • 2006/4/10 19:36

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

You could probably take one of the Static/HTML modules like Cjay Content, create pages for each city and have the block display that way. I know that CJAY will let you display items on separate pages within the module - not too sure about the others.

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/viewcat.php?cid=94

robot
  • 2006/4/10 19:53

• robot

• Just popping in

Quote:

gestroud wrote:
You could probably take one of the Static/HTML modules like Cjay Content, create pages for each city and have the block display that way. I know that CJAY will let you display items on separate pages within the module - not too sure about the others.

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/viewcat.php?cid=94

I do use the "content" module for exact links, and sub-links etc..

maybe I am not understanding this correctly...

I just tried the "Cjay Content" module. When I go to "edit block" for my "new event" so I can display only Prague category of the events I have the "visible in" option... and there I have Cjay Conect, and "all module pages". I have tried to upload and create an html Prague.html, but it did not appear an an option to show block on.. should it have?

gestroud
  • 2006/4/10 19:58

• gestroud

• Home away from home

If I get you right, you've created a page in cjay content but it won't show up in the options. Have you set the page to show up in the cjay menu? Go to "Connections" in the module's options to ensure that your page is visible.

robot
  • 2006/4/11 12:49

• robot

• Just popping in

gestroud,

thank you again for helping me

I am able to see the page if I go through tue C-Jay menu, but it does not appear for my "new event" block configuration. It just shows "all pages":

Resized Image

that's the functionality I seek. I want different "category" of the "new event" block to appear on a different page/module

maybe there's some simple module that I can install more then once (as I mentioned, I need it 9 times), where all it would do is just provide a one page content?

many thanks for your time and effort

gestroud
  • 2006/4/11 17:02

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Are the cjay content pages visible in your Main Menu? If they aren't, that's the problem. If they are, I gotta do some thinking.

robot
  • 2006/4/11 17:27

• robot

• Just popping in

I got it to work!

Only I used the "content" module. Interestingly enough, only the sub-menu items appeared as an option to be choosen.

Now I am trying to figure out to keep the "content" menu expended/collapsed... it does not seem to want to :)

but thanks for your advise, it got me going!

Login

Who's Online

267 user(s) are online (176 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 267

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits