Cosmin
update query not executed
  • 2006/3/31 17:49

• Cosmin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

Hello.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post my problem, it's about an upgrade issue and not an installation problem..

I installed XOOPS 13.2 locally, on PHP4, mySQL 4 (I think), Abyss Webserver 1.2.3. Installation was ok.

I try to update one table, here is the code (the file is in install folder):

include_once '../mainfile.php';
include_once 
'./class/dbmanager.php';

$dbm = new db_manager;
if(
$dbm->isConnectable()) {
   echo 
"ok
"
;
}
else {
   echo 
"not ok
"
;
}

$dbm->query("select * from xoops_newblocks where title = 'Language selection'");

$dbm->query("UPDATE xoops_newblocks SET title = 'mumu' WHERE title = 'Language selection'");

I get the "ok" to connection, I get true on the first query but the second one returns false. mysql_error() return empty string. mysql_errno() return 0. The table does not get update.

XOOPS is running normally, I can submit news, modify settings, so it seems that my overall settings are ok, I have access to my database.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Cosmin

jensclas
Re: update query not executed

In you general preferences you can turn on php debug and my sql debug. Either of these might render you some answers. There are tutorials updating modules and MySQL debug at this site.

hth

Cosmin
Re: update query not executed
  • 2006/4/8 7:22

• Cosmin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

The debug mode gives me a bit more, but still not enough: I tried to execute one simple update that works in the admin page (setting some user rights for instance) but for the same reason it does not work when I run it in my script, I get false and no error message.

Am I really the only one that has this strange behaviour?..

Login

Who's Online

464 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 464

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits