indigomontoy
please help - basic workings

im completely new... so i installed it on my server, go to my admin menue, add modules, now where the heck do i find the actual page??????? and how do i make it my homepage

yes before you suggest the FAQ's i have gone thru them and get completely confused :)

MadFish
Re: please help - basic workings
  • 2006/4/7 5:52

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Go to administration => system module => preferences. In there you'll find a setting that lets you choose which module you want to use for your home page.

I suggest you pick something like 'news' as your homepage to begin with, while you are learning the system.

You might like to download some of the XOOPS Documentation as well - check out the operations manual, and the visual intro doc.

indigomontoy

it only gives me the option for extended profiles and private messaging for default.. :(

msdana
  • 2006/4/8 19:44

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

It sounds as though you haven't installed additional modules.

I'm going to assume you have at XOOPS version 2.2.x because you have Extended Profiles.

You will need to find additional modules you need, upload to the server, and install them through the admin section. You should then be able to have more options to choose for the start page.

Hope that helps you

[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits