anghellic
how to change front page
  • 2006/1/22 11:15

• anghellic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/22

i have one very stupid question. which file i have to edit to change the content of the front page. i use the search and found two files with this content but when i change them and after that upload it, nothing changed, any suggestions?

McDonald
Re: how to change front page
  • 2006/1/22 12:00

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

In the admin panel Prefences -> General Settings you can select which module you want for your frontpage.

Another way is to make your frontpage with (custom) blocks (appearance is Top Page).

anghellic
  • 2006/1/22 12:16

• anghellic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/22

mm i have other thing in mind, i edit two html files from templates and when i overwrite them in hosting nothing changed and there is something that i'm missing but i cant figure out what.

Bender
  • 2006/1/22 13:14

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

templates are stored and retreived in/from the database once a module is installed. So modifying the files will do squat.

You should go into your sites administration / template management. Clone your current template set and modify those. (remeber to chose the cloned set in site preferences - general)

If you still want to edit the files and not a cloned set you need to go in the template management anyway and regenerate those you modified.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jonr_is
  • 2006/4/6 2:32

• jonr_is

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 1

What about caching? Do I have to do anything special to control block caching?
Now on Xoops: 4-3system.com

indigomontoy

im completely new... so i installed it on my server, go to my admin menue, add modules, now where the heck do i find the actual page??????? and how do i make it my homepage?

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits