pnfguru
MIME type not allowed: application/zip
  • 2006/4/2 16:29

• pnfguru

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/1 1

I get an error message everytime I try to upload a new theme or module. I checked in cpanel and the .zip is listed as an application allowed. I also check my admin section and couldn't find an area to setup the application types allowed to install by. Can anyone help?

Errors Returned While Uploading
MIME type not allowed: application/zip

FusionKid
Re: MIME type not allowed: application/zip
  • 2006/4/2 16:47

• FusionKid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/27

I don't think you would want to upload the .zip files. Zip files are files that have been compressed. You will need to unzip the files first before uploading them to your site for use. There are plenty of unzipping programs out there such as Winzip and 7-Zip.

Once unzipped, upload the files to your theme or module directory and they should be available for use via the XOOPS admin panel.

i.e. - if you have the news module zipped (news.zip), unzip the files. You should now have a folder called news. Upload the folder news and all of its contents to your module folder. Now enter the XOOPS admin area, select system admin, modules, and down at the bottom should be the option to install the module.

Themes are selectable through system admin, preferences, general preferences.

jensclas

Quote:
I get an error message everytime I try to upload a new theme or module. I checked in cpanel and the .zip is listed as an application allowed.

Fusion Kid is right - check the doc links neloc and click on ]Johms Tutorials in the first post - there's and excellent tutorial on this there. HTH

a6april
  • 2006/8/10 3:46

• a6april

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/10

Hi I unzipped all the files and uploaded them to the Themes directory and they do not show up??? any suggestions???

stefan88
  • 2006/8/10 5:27

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

you shuld unzip files to a folder (it will serve also as theme name) and upload that folder in themes folder of your XOOPS site.

Then to see the theme you need to go in XOOPS admin -> system -> preferences -> general and chose your new theme in "Default theme". After that hit "Submit" at bottom.

The second option is to use theme selection block and allow your users to chose from several themes. Then you need to make that block visible, give prmissions to user groups you want and make the new theme selectable by adding it in "Selectable themes" at XOOPS admin -> system -> preferences -> general.

Dave_L
  • 2006/8/10 10:46

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

The second option is safer when trying out a new theme, in case the theme is buggy, or incompatible with your XOOPS installation. When doing this, you can make the theme selection block visible only to webmasters.

If you change the default theme, and the new theme doesn't work, you might need to modify the database directly using phpMyAdmin to restore the old theme.

jensclas

a6april

Make sure your are uploading only necessary files too...for themes and modules...check the FAQ's, and site admin document from documentation.

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits