ewbrown
Is it possible to have a new "page"
  • 2006/3/29 13:06

• ewbrown

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/22

When in block management I see that you can have blocks assigned to show under top page or all pages.
Great idea - but how would I make any more pages?
I'm trying to put together a website which will NOT have the same layout on every "page". Is there a way to create new "pages", it seems to me that you can only have one layout for the site based upon your theme.html.

If this is the case, is there a way to change the "theme" via a link? So that when someone follows a link they get a new theme.html?

Lance_
Re: Is it possible to have a new "page"
  • 2006/3/29 14:09

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

There are a couple of ways to pursue this.

First, any content module will alow you to create your own pages. (Content, TinyD, WF-Channel)

Then if you need different block allocations to each content page, then you might want to look into "cloning" the module in order to assign the appropriate block structure. In essence giving you different layouts, yet still defeined by your single them.html.

Or...Use a theme changer module to assign different themes to any module. This gives you the power of really changing the layout.

Cheers.

PS. As an aside the "unrecommended" 2.2.4 version allows you to specify blocks to single pages within a module, so you could do without the cloning, but 2.0.13.2 doesn
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Login

Who's Online

418 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 418

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits