RRice
My First Xoops Site & a few questions
  • 2006/3/26 22:08

• RRice

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/28

A friend turned me onto XOOPS for content mangement sites. I love this software!!!!
I was redesigning a site for my clan for America's Army. I found a few templates that almost fit what we wanted, but i ended up modifying a template to get the look we have now.

Anyway, The question i have is about the forums. I searched the forums here and didn't seem to come up with an answer. When you log into the forums tor ead the posts, they are always displaying as threaded format. is there anyway to keep them displayed as the flat format? i went looking through the forum files and wasn't quite sure what to edit to do this.

anyway, here is my first XOOPS site. and i'm sure only one of may to come.

http://187platoon.awardspace.com/

msdana
Re: My First Xoops Site & a few questions
  • 2006/3/26 22:47

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

It should be under the module preferences. I don't know what version of XOOPS you are using or the forum module you have, but with CBB, the option reads like this "View Mode of the Threads".

Hope that helps.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

RRice
  • 2006/3/27 0:22

• RRice

• Just popping in

i'm using the newest version downloaded here. all the modules are default with the XOOPS install except items like the team module.

msdana
  • 2006/3/27 1:33

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

The "newest" version is 2.2.3/4 (however you wish to look at it) which contains only the Extended Profiles module and the Private Messaging module. However, the "recommended" version is 2.0.13.2 which comes with several modules.

I am not familiar with 2.0.13.2, but I would assume that what you are looking for is under the "newbb" module preferences. You need to find the option to view threads, i.e. flat, threaded, etc..
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

RRice
  • 2006/3/27 5:02

• RRice

• Just popping in

ok.. thanx. let me look into it tomorrow.

Login

Who's Online

73 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 73

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits