sftan83
download module
  • 2006/3/23 2:27

• sftan83

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/18

How to set the group permission for the links in the download module?

For example, there are 3 linking in download Module, A, B and C.

A and B only for specific group.
C is for anouymous people

Can anyone help me?

rabideau
Re: download module
  • 2006/3/23 2:31

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

I am sorry, which download module are you using? What do you mean by Module A,B, and C?

Most modules allow Group permissions to be set in System--Admin.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

sftan83
  • 2006/3/24 0:44

• sftan83

• Just popping in

opps...sorry...
may b my explanation is not so clear.

I install wfDownload in the xoops.
I wish to create three links.
e.g: fileA, fileB, fileC

Anonymous Users can see these 3 links in the download.

but, fileA and fileB only can be downloaded by the registered people, that meant must be login first before download.

Then, fileC can be downloaded by anonymous users.

jensclas

SFTAN - the language you are using is the casue of misunderstanding here - what is your native language? Are you using an English version of Xoops? I mean no offense but sometimes for non english speakers it is easier for them to get help from a XOOPS community in their own language. These are listed under 'Local support' in the main menu.

Now to your help query:

Your 'File' a, b, c refers to 'categories'.
To create different file categories go to Category management' in the admin of your xoops/wfdownloads module.

Each 'category' you create allows you to give a category title, and set permissions.

For example I have a category called 'xoops' and the permissions are for all users.

I will one day (when I have material for downloads) create a second category called 'patterns' which will be restricted to registerd users. Anonymous users will not be allowed access.

You can also create subcategories within a category and set permissions there too.

When you then go to 'File Managment' you can set permissions for individual files. It's the first setting you do before uploading a file. It is labelled as ' category access permissions' so I am not sure if it will be file specific of category sepcific if you change it for the particular file- you will need to contact the module writer for that clarification or test it out yourself.

I hope this clears it up for you.

Next time you post can you please write a specific question in the subject line? 'Download module' doesn't really highlight your post as a call for help or guidance.

Cheers

sftan83
  • 2006/3/25 1:14

• sftan83

• Just popping in

Thank you jensclas.

I understand that u r no meaning of offense.
Dun worry because I love to hear some comment or critic from other people, becos no critic, no improvement.

Besides that, thanks for your explaination because I know how to proceed with my project.

Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits