dheltzel
Allowing users to "hide" blocks they aren't interested in
  • 2004/1/28 18:55

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Is there a way to allow users to customize the blocks they see once they are logged in? Basically, I'd like each user to be able to turn off or hide certain blocks that they decide are not important. The admin should be able to "force" certain blcoks to remain visible. Customizing the order of the blocks would be very cool also.

Why is there no way to select a default theme per user? IT seem like it would be easy to add that to the edit/view account pages.

Dennis

carnuke
Re: Allowing users to "hide" blocks they aren't interested in
  • 2004/1/28 19:18

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hi Dennis

I am not aware of a method for USERS to customise blocks. There is a way to hide either left, right, or both side panels however. This was demonstrated quite elegantly in hsalasar's mp00 theme. Individual themes can't be loaded for specific users , although you can provide a small menu (in preferences)so that they can select a theme to use when they visit.

Richard

tim1980
  • 2006/3/22 11:14

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/5

Are there any other modules or CMS Portals out there that do allow users to change blocks?

davidl2
  • 2006/3/22 12:03

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

dheltzel wrote:
Why is there no way to select a default theme per user? IT seem like it would be easy to add that to the edit/view account pages.

This is possible in 2.2, and I believe will probably return with 2.4

(I believe there may be other ways of selecting and keeping a selected theme - but I'm afraid I can't recall at the moment )

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits