whiteout
Syncing Forum Time with Profile Time
  • 2006/3/19 16:29

• whiteout

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/12

Hi, I'm using XOOPS 2.2.3 with CBB 3.01. The time zone is selectable in a user's profile, but when applied from the profile, it never seems to effect anything on the site in general, particularly on the forum where this setting is most important. The time displayed is always -5 hours GMT.

Any ideas on how I can get XOOPS to apply the time zone setting for the whole site?

whiteout
Re: Syncing Forum Time with Profile Time
  • 2006/3/21 6:53

• whiteout

• Just popping in

After having another look at the problem, the time in the profile is syncing with the forum, although it has -5 hours GMT as a starting point instead of GMT.

For instance, I am in the UK so I am in GMT. If I specifiy GMT in my profile the times on the site are displayed as -5 hours relative to mine. This means that to have the correct time I need to set my time zone as +5 hours GMT even though I am in GMT. I hope that makes sense.

Does anybody have any ideas? This problem is more than mildy annoying and I'd like to get it fixed ASAP. Is there anywhere in any of the XOOPS files where I can alter the default time zone or something like that?

Quest
  • 2006/3/21 10:43

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I suppose that depends on which version of XOOPS you are running, but there is a way to set defaults.

You can set your Server Time: (time for the location of where your actual servers are located)
and you can set your default time (time for where you are located)
in the:
administratin/system/preferences/general settings

Also in Edit Profile each user can set his/her own time zone for where they are located.
If you haven't done that for yourself (Webmaster) then you should do it too in the Edit Profile.

I am not sure about the newbb module but if there is a need to do anything else it is probably located in the admin portion for the module.

Hope this helps.

Quest

whiteout
  • 2006/3/22 5:05

• whiteout

• Just popping in

I forgot that even though I'm in the UK the server I'm using is in the US.

Changing the server time fixed it.

Login

Who's Online

477 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 477

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits