riclanders
image manager
  • 2006/3/18 5:08

• riclanders

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/7

How do you use the image manager?

I want to use it in news 1.44 but see no instructions anywhere.

ric

jensclas
Re: image manager

Hi
This might depend on the 'editor' you are using so this is what happens for me:

When you go into 'submit news' the editor brings up a form which has
Title
Topic
position
publish in home
author
and then
the scoop.

The scoop section looks a bit like what we have in the forums here. There is a URL button, and email button an image source button, and image manager button,and a code and quite button.

If you press the image manager button (and you have allowed popups to work on your pc) you get a pop up window that appears to have nothing but a drop down file. Click the drop down arrow and you should find a list of image folders you have. For example I have site images and magazone pics as folder titles for images and these come up on the list.

After clicking one of these folders open I then have the option to add a file in the top right side. Once I click this I get a box to name the file, browse for it and it reminds me of file size limits etc. Browse brings me right into the files on my hard drive.
Once selected click submit. As long as the file fits within the designated pixel and bite sizes it should up load to the image manager.

Select the image you want to upload into your news by hitting the left, right or center buttons and voila the image will be there.

So...you might need to create an image folder for news - let me get back to you on where i have created these folders.

Hope this helps

Ok...I am back
From the site admin side click on 'system admin' images. This brings you the image manager.
You need to create 'categories' for the iamges first. You need to name the category - for example news - and set your limits in bytes and pixels. I have my images as files in the uploads directory - the other option was a bit foreign to me so I can;t tell you which is best to use.
Once you have created a category - or several - Then you can upload images into the categories from this same screen where it says add image file. Notice it wants a category to put it into which is why you need to go to the category section first.

Once an image is stored every time you clock image manager in submit news the image will be available and you just need to select it. HTH

jensclas
Re: image manager

Riclanders - I just realised that there are some instructions - just did a search on image manager and guess what was in FAQ! look here

Could have saved myself some time if i had done that first...and so could you. It pays to use the search!
Cheers

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits