macmend
xoops installation crashes server
  • 2006/3/13 20:42

• macmend

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/27

earlier today I thought I had a problem with a module, but it turns out that is not the case.

I have two sites jonathanspencer.net and macmend.com both hosted with qawebhosting.com.

Jonathanspencer.net is very stable, it uses 2.23a and modules such as wordpress, news, newbb, SMARTFAQ

macmend .com if its allowed to run is mainly a forum with news and news feeds, SMARTFAQ and so on.

As soon as macmend.com is allowed to run it runs for around an hour and then grinds to a halt crashing the server and any other sites on it.

Could it be MySQL or php, or something in the structure of the install how would I know, will it make a difference turning php debug on, or should i just say to hell with it and start again from scratch.

neither sites are up at the moment as the server has crashed again and my hosts, as you would expect want to turn me off.....HEEEEEEELP
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

apache server with php sshexec turned on
xoops version 2.0.18.1 & 2.3.1
php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

rabideau
Re: xoops installation crashes server
  • 2006/3/14 0:06

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

I just logged into both sites without difficulty. I noticed a couple of funky theme issues but nothing crashed or siezed up. It looks like you might have a hosting problem if the sites are going up and down.

I can recommend stable hosting sites if you like.... as can a thousand others probably.

Bon chance!
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

macmend
  • 2006/3/14 9:14

• macmend

• Quite a regular

thats because the server was just restarted before you accessed the sites, however this morning it s back off again. Tested without the macmend site (both sites it appears exist on the same server) everything is fine, as soon as macmend is turned on the server crashes.

I have deleted as much extraneous material from the public_html area and still no result.

I don't really want to leave the host as they are very good normally and I have a few other non XOOPS sites with them.

What about my set up could cause a crash, it only runs xoops, however there are many extra folders at root and ppublic_html that I don't know the purpose of.
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

stefan88
  • 2006/3/14 9:47

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Just an idea:

step1. compare modules you have on both sites;
step2. disable extra modules you have on problem site, but you don't on the other and see if this solves the problem. If YES, start to turn them on one by one and see where the problem is...

Herko
  • 2006/3/14 10:53

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Check the server logs for error messages, this may be a clue as to what is going wrong.
Herko

macmend
  • 2006/3/14 12:04

• macmend

• Quite a regular

Quote:
[error] PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/*******/public_html/forum/include/common.php on line 31

whats that one all about, or is that just a result of the server slowing up?

I would comapre modules but the macmend site seems to bring everything down within an hour.

would it be easy to back everything up and recreate it elsewhere?
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

McNaz
  • 2006/3/14 13:07

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

First check the obvious:

1. Check that you don't have persistent connections to mySQL in your XOOPS Config.
2. You really should be looking at your log files as until then both you and anyone here will just be completely guessing.
3. Get your hosts to pull their finger out and do some investigating. If you don't have access to shell then get them to do some "top" analysis and see what is causing the slow down. Any worthwhile host should be able to do this. If they can't then it might be time to move on as there are thousands of good hosting providers out there that will.

I have installed dozens of XOOPS sites and none of them act as yours do so there is something wrong with your web server.

Quote:

[error] PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/*******/public_html/forum/include/common.php on line 31

This means very little without knowing what version of XOOPS you are running. My include/common.php line 31 says

//Instantiate security object

which is clearly not what yours is saying.

So please provide:

1. XOOPS version.
2. PHP Version
3. MySQL version

to start with.

macmend
  • 2006/3/14 22:41

• macmend

• Quite a regular

xoops version 2.23
php version 4
mysql version 4.0.25-standard

I am told they have enabled php sshexec which will restrict where certain scripts can be executed from.

my line 31 says:

Quote:
require_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/class/xoopssecurity.php";

I have paired down both ftp areas and removed some extra files, and looked carefully at scripts running from .htaccess

it would seem php flag is restricted.

At present I have closed the sites and I am getting one error the js.net log:

Quote:
File does not exist: /home/••••••/public_html/rss.xml

and this error on macmend:

Quote:
[Tue Mar 14 22:57:51 2006] [error] [client 86.144.198.211] File does not exist: /home/••••••/public_html/404.shtml
[Tue Mar 14 22:57:51 2006] [error] [client 86.144.198.211] File does not exist: /home/•••••••/public_html/favicon.ico

I don't seem able to see the sites whilst my host says he can, I can ftp to them and all else is reacting normally, I just get a blank white page.
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

macmend
  • 2006/3/15 8:12

• macmend

• Quite a regular

well their server is stable, but I cannot see my pages. I get the famous blank white page, recovery.php comes up as a blank white page and I cannot work out a way to get php debugging on so I can see the error, the server log doesn't help.

to turn on debugging can anyone tell me what part of the following do i alter:

xoops version 2.23 (an upgrade)
php version 4.4
mysql version 4.0.25-standardQuote:
// #################### Error reporting settings ##################
error_reporting(0);

if (!isset($xoopsConfig['debug_mode']) || in_array(1, $xoopsConfig['debug_mode'])) {
error_reporting(E_ALL);
} else {
// Turn off error handler
$xoopsErrorHandler->activate(false);
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

macmend
  • 2006/3/15 10:12

• macmend

• Quite a regular

well after clearing out htaccess it all works the problem is all down to php scripts
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

Login

Who's Online

387 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 387

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits