josez
Undefined variable: HTTP_GET_VARS in file
  • 2006/3/11 18:47

• josez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

Hello i have just transfered the site to a different host.
among other problems the newbb module stopped working - when i click on topic or a forum i get _MD_ERRORFORUM error.
the php debug prints (among other notices) this:

Quote:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: HTTP_SERVER_VARS in file modules/newbb/config.php line 44
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: HTTP_SERVER_VARS in file modules/newbb/config.php line 44
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: HTTP_GET_VARS in file modules/newbb/viewforum.php line 34

i use PHP Version 5.1.2
and regiser globals is ON

can anyone help? ..i tried to search for error messages above on this forum but had not found anything usefull

[b]EDIT:[b]
i have been using XOOPS 2.0.9 (on PHP4) - after moving the site i hoped to fix the problem described above by installing patches - so i gave upgraded to 2.0.13.2 - but it did not help to solve the problem

Jan304
Re: Undefined variable: HTTP_GET_VARS in file
  • 2006/3/11 21:09

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Quote:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: HTTP_GET_VARS in file modules/newbb/viewforum.php line 34

Open viewforum.php on line 34 and change:
$forum = intval($HTTP_GET_VARS['forum']);
to:
$forum = intval($_GET['forum']);

And config @ line 44:
$bbCookie['path'] = str_replace(basename($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF']),"",$HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF']);
to:
$bbCookie['path'] = str_replace(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']),"",$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);
Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
[Neo turns to look for a vase, and as he does, he knocks over a vase of flowers, which shatters on the floor.]
Oracle: That vase.
Neo:...

josez
Re: Undefined variable: HTTP_GET_VARS in file
  • 2006/3/12 14:48

• josez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

thank you for helping, Jan304. i have finally solved the problem by upgrading newbb1 to CBB3 and i really like the funcionality of the new module, so i will stick with CBB.

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits