peterr
Re: XOOPS DEVELOPER/EXPERT HELP NEEDED URGENTLY
  • 2006/3/10 0:01

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Quote:

ICHI_UK wrote:
I have used PHP Debugger to test this and no errors are shown... even when the INVALID SUBMISSION error appears

Sorry, I wasn't clear, try the Gubed PHP debugger, because that will allow you to 'step through' code, examine variables,etc.

I may be wrong, but I 'don't think' the normal PHP Debugger will give you the ability to step through code ??

Coming from a background where testing was not a choice, but demanded, having a seperate 'test' environment on your website is essential. Whether it simply be a path that only you know (probably the best idea for security reasons), or some 'official testing area', likehttp://test.example.com, is your choice, but you don't want frustrated users, and testing modules/code _before_ it goes into production _should_ save you from situations like this.

If you want to find out if it is a server problem (setup/config), then it may take quite a while to track down exactly what it is. My advice would be to put all the XOOPS site on a seperate server (yes a lot of work but I see this problem was reported back in January), OR find someone who has _exactly_ the same (forum) code as your site, and for starters, compare the PHP settings.

If the basic problem is session related, make sure you are using either sessions or cookies, definitely not both, and check the php settings in those areas, both local and global.

If there was any point in time when the forum posts worked, ask yourself the question 'what has changed', or better still, if you have a backup of the code from when the forum posts worked, then do a complete compare against the code 'as at now'.

Just my 1 cents worth, HTH

Peter
NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard.
Sign the petition

peterr
  • 2006/3/10 0:11

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Someone found a solution here

The problem _could_ be client side and not server side ??
Sign the petition

ICHI_UK
  • 2006/3/10 8:50

• ICHI_UK

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/1

It all started changing when I installed the AUTO LOGIN hack, since then I have removed all site of that code but still get the error.

As for the solution above, that is not the case as I have I have checked all my firewall and virus protection settings and had 3 users do the same and that has no affect.

Not easy this when you are not an expert

peterr
  • 2006/3/10 8:58

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

ICHI_UK wrote:
It all started changing when I installed the AUTO LOGIN hack, since then I have removed all site of that code but still get the error.

Did the AUTO LOGIN hack change the database at all ? If so, then any db changes needs to be uninstalled also.

What checks have you done to make sure all code has been removed ? Comparing the source code against a version that existed _before_ the 'auto login' hack was installed would be ideal.

P
Sign the petition

ICHI_UK
  • 2006/3/10 10:47

• ICHI_UK

• Not too shy to talk

No idea if it changed the database mate... and dont know where to start checking on that.

I have checked against the version I originally downloaded and installed (months before autohack).. and no differences

peterr
  • 2006/3/11 0:45

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Ok, did you use something like Beyond Compare to check the differences, i'ts a great tool and will pick up any differences, but also drop white spaces, tabs,etc.

It wasn't easy to find out where this hack may have been downloaded, but one version states ..

Quote:

The prior version of auto-login hacks useed the value of session_expire.
But this hack harms customizing session.

but if you are 100% certain that _all_ of the hack code is no longer on your site, then the above is not relevant.

Have you done the obvious, cleared the cache manually (delete the files) ?

P
Sign the petition

ICHI_UK
  • 2006/3/12 10:59

• ICHI_UK

• Not too shy to talk

I did the compare manually mate but think I will look at the Beyond Compare and see how that works....

ICHI_UK
  • 2006/3/12 11:17

• ICHI_UK

• Not too shy to talk

Right am seriously worried now as am sure there is more to this than I imagined.

I am gettin frustrated to high heaven with even comparing code... I dont know whats what!!! Anyone there willin to help before I jack the whole idea of my website in

peterr
  • 2006/3/13 0:34

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

1. Backup your entire website, making sure to include the database.

2. You mention CBB 1.15, however there is a much later version, which appears to be suitable for ALL versions of XOOPS. Contact the author 'phppp' if unsure.

There is no reply to this post , however if you try this search , there are some answers.

3. There have been several people mention cache, but I can't see any replies. All I do is log in via FTP, go to the ../templates_c' path, and delete all files except index.html

Follow the instructions carefully for the CBB installation.

You still have the backup of your site, if anything goes wrong, so you have a restore point.

P
Sign the petition

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits