mysuse
Session problem
  • 2006/3/7 16:48

• mysuse

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/16

I had a problem with my old hosting company and I decided to move my website to another server. The trasfer was fine, everything was working after except one thing:

I log in, I get redirected to my home page, but after I click on something (doesn't matter on what) it tells me that I'm not logged in and that I don't have permission to do that and it's asking me to log in.

I have searched on these forums and I found the problem: session.cookie_domain setting in php.ini. Right now it has a value because the owner of the server need that value. If I put that variable without any value, my site is working. What can I do to have my website working with that value on?

I hope you understand what I mean, English is not my first language.

mysuse
Re: Session problem
  • 2006/3/7 17:01

• mysuse

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/16

Ok, I solved it :)
I have added in mainfile.php:
ini_set('session.cookie_domain', '');

unni82
  • 2006/3/8 4:19

• unni82

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/10

hello
I also have similar problem with XOOPS as i login first time and clicks a link session gets cut off but second time onwards when i login no problem.i checked that in my php.ini session.cookie_domain has no value but it still doesnt work.thn i decided to edit mainfile.php but which line number to add the code can u tell.anyway i ll try to chk it.

m0nty
  • 2006/3/8 4:58

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

unni, do a search on the forum or FAQ section.. your problem is unrelated to this post..

tip: check the url in mainfile.php (missing www)

unni82
  • 2006/3/8 5:58

• unni82

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/10

hi
i found out that was not session pblm that was the url on my intranet that made conflict.

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits