raskolt
Adding Frames
  • 2006/3/2 22:41

• raskolt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/2 2

Can I add frames to the theme files. I edited a theme according to my needs then I wanted to add frames to it. Unfortunately I failed. It works in Dreamweaver, but it does not work on server.
I have added two frames. One of them is at the top and it includes logo. The other one is bottom. It includes the body of the previous theme. I think they are correct html files alone.
Did I miss any point? Is there a special code that I dont know?

TottoBG
Re: Adding Frames
  • 2006/3/2 23:13

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

It should work but after doing changes you first have to clean the theme.html file of the template_c directory that holds the cached version. As even done changes, your system would continue reading the template's cached version and won't see your changes until you clean that file from there.

raskolt
  • 2006/3/6 21:19

• raskolt

• Just popping in

I had erased the files in that directory. But it did not work. I think I have to work on it.

m0nty
  • 2006/3/6 21:24

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

in short, no.

well not easily anyway from what i can gather.. i tried this a long while ago and couldn't get it to work correctly either..

everything kept loading up inside each frame..

you would need to edit quite a few of the core files and change the way it reads the theme & template files, however i can't tell u anymore about that as i haven't the knowledge to be able to tell you what to edit etc..

i had the same prob with invisionboard ages ago, and invision also informed me that it would need editing and changes made to lots of files and wouldn't be a quick or simple task.

raskolt
  • 2006/3/6 21:27

• raskolt

• Just popping in

theme html includes this code

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Frameset//EN">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>DVD..</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1254"><!-- frames -->
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><FRAMESET rows=129,*
cols=*><FRAME name=ust marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0
src="ust.html" frameBorder=0 scrolling=no><FRAME
name=alt marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="alt.html"
frameBorder=0></FRAMESET><noframes></noframes></HTML>

ust.html is the top frame and alt.html is the bottom. I only see a blank page until now if I put these files into the theme directory. My theme is a modified Zaja-X.

I can see top and bottom frames in dreamveawer, but they dont work XOOPS site.

m0nty
  • 2006/3/6 21:33

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

make sure the path for ust.html and alt.html is correct.. use an absolute path if need be.

but it won't work like that believe me.. altho if it does i'll be well surprised..

what will keep happening, is when the page reloads, your pages will keep filling in themselves..

what i mean is you'll end up with loads of headers repeating down the page and new frames that keep opening inside each other everytime you hit refresh..

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits