• 2005/12/9 7:41

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Quote:

kalhell wrote:
OK I got it u have to customize the name of the session and the cookie

Hi!

How did you fix this. Would be thankful, if u could share with us!

mpowell
Re: Multisite HACK for 2.2.3 Final
  • 2005/12/15 16:38

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/10

Would it be possible to set up a site with the various modules as sort of a dummy site to serve as the master site and then share information among 2 or 3 other sites? I have 2 sites I am wanting to share information between but fear messing up either database so I want to set up a 3rd XOOPS install with all the modules from the other 2 and use it as the master site for this module. I hope that makes some sense.

banned
  • 2005/12/17 16:48

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

Hi,
Has anyone already worked on having image categories (from system->images) working with multiple sites?

BTW, great hack.

banned
  • 2005/12/17 23:36

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

Holy crap, I was making a little module for the image section in system to set permissions like News or AMS ..
But for security reason (and I don't understand which security reason.. if a module dev. wanna hack your website using groupperm.php s/he can easily make a copy without if ($modid <= 1 || !is_object($xoopsUser) || !$xoopsUser->isAdmin($modid)) {
) I cannot modify system relate stuff (image categories are system relate stuff, for any reason) with /modules/system/admin/groupperm.php ..

Ideas?

pratanet
  • 2005/12/18 1:49

• pratanet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/30

I am trying to place hack to function to put without result. Alguem has some tip? I am using XOOPS 2.2.2a and I do not have access to conf of the apache. I have CPANEL. Sorry for my bad english

tom
  • 2006/2/3 21:18

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Will this ever be made as the core for XOOPS to let everyone take advantage without having to worry about it being supported in the future. and the hassle of intergrating themselves.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

DevlshOne
  • 2006/3/2 16:04

• DevlshOne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/15

Will msHack 2.2.3F function with 2.2.4 core system?

Has anyone developed a tool to merge existing databases into a single database for users, profiles, groups, ranks, etc..?
[size=x-small]Dawn of War Planet
RTS Planet
[/size]

draj
  • 2006/3/2 16:51

• draj

• Quite a regular

Quote:

DevlshOne wrote:
Will msHack 2.2.3F function with 2.2.4 core system?

Yes, as a User I certify that the Multisite works WITHOUT any problem with 2.2.4! The only stupid thing in the 2.2.4 is that the extended profiles module will not offer any Group function in the Admin to transfer users from one to anathor. The permission features remains untouched. It is only the form that stops working.

I sincerly beleive that this is a bug of a very low degree and should be absolutely easy to remove. However, since I have been the only one to speak about it, the core developers have shown adamont behaviour not to listen and iron the bug.

There are also serious reasons behind it. The software is ofcourse affered for free as open source. Also the core developers are heavily interested to really bringout a new version of 2.3. So the time available is mostely invested in the new version, which is perfectly understandable!

Hence, I warn you about using the 2.2.4 at all! If the custom fields are more than about 25 extra fields then the module shows strange behaviour!!! Be warned and do not cry later afterwards. However, this has nothing to do with Multisites.
Quote:

Has anyone developed a tool to merge existing databases into a single database for users, profiles, groups, ranks, etc..?

You seem to miss the understanding of the Multisites Module. This tiny little module has gigantic potential, ridiculous enough. Once you start using it, you shall realise how clever people are hanging around in the CORE development and will beginn to appreciate.

However you may have to undergo an extra-ordinary pain of frustration in configuring, - if you did not follow the basics - out of the very very little and superficial documentation out there. The great Hero "Mitrandir" has developed this great "Star" Module and did not write very much of documentation or atleast a very confusing documention for beginners.

Hence, I would offer to help you out for very basic questions witth a hope to substitute his or others time, as I did undergo or was forced to undergo the pains and frustrations arising out of it, which seems to be also programmed unknowingly and unintentionally! They shall imediately vanish the moment things start working and you will appreciate it for a very long time, which is the only thing programmed intentionally.

I write this hoping that Jan reads my message and works on a better module + docs!!!

DevlshOne
  • 2006/3/2 17:45

• DevlshOne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/15

Quote:

deepy wrote:
You seem to miss the understanding of the Multisites Module. This tiny little module has gigantic potential, ridiculous enough. Once you start using it, you shall realise how clever people are hanging around in the CORE development and will beginn to appreciate.

Are you implying that the module merges the databases for me?
[size=x-small]Dawn of War Planet
RTS Planet
[/size]

draj
  • 2006/3/2 18:09

• draj

• Quite a regular

Hallo!

No!

The module works only with one database. Within the same database, it is possible to generate or clone tables that will store information regarding different websites.

It will then depend on what information you may want to be cloned. Hence you need to create a master database, feed all the information into the tables and then clone them.

The Multisite module is a trigger to differenciate different websites based on the same installation within a database.
Quote:

Are you implying that the module merges the databases for me?

Why do you need databaseS? To have many websites, you do not need more than one database. The Multi-website module will recognise from the URLhttp://www.Domain1.com andhttp://www.Domain2.com and will offer information with their respective tables withiin ONE Single database. Am I making things clear?

Or do you already have databases and you need to wmerge all of them. If so, you may require a total different approach. But then you need to tell us more for a better suppport.

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits