dickinsd
I am having a problem with posts that contain the word about followed by a colon.
  • 2006/2/26 11:21

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Hello all.

On my site I am having a problem with posts that contain the word about:anything

A poster just recently made a post and when I read it I noticed they had included a little message saying that there is no space in the command.

I checked other posts that also use this command (Command in question is the about:config to change firefox settings). All previous posts also have this problem.

I don't know if this is a XOOPS or theme problem can anyone tell me why this might be happening, and if there is a way I can clear it up?

Thanks

Dave

EDIT: the problem is not theme (I think) as my post here is also having the problem with displaying about:config without adding spaces. I guess its maybe a text sanitizer issue? can anyone tell me how to confirm and possible fix this.

Oh and the problem is not related to colons and something like hello:config does not seem to have the problem.

Thanks in advance.

dickinsd
Re: I am having a problem with posts that contain the word about followed by a colon.
  • 2006/2/26 21:31

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

Any ideas?

Dave

Dave_L
Re: I am having a problem with posts that contain the word about followed by a colon.
  • 2006/2/26 21:54

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

The text sanitizer is doing it:

$c "[x01-x1f]*";
$patterns[] = "/a{$c}b{$c}o{$c}u{$c}t{$c}:/si";
$replacements[] = "about :";
return 
preg_replace($patterns$replacements$text);

I'm not sure of the reason.

dickinsd
  • 2006/2/26 22:51

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

Oh, ok, well thanks for pointing it out to me. I wonder if anyone else knows why it might be there?

I can just snip it out I guess, but is it there for a reason - does it stop certain types of security attack or anything useful like that?

I'll wait to see if anyone knows what is for, if not then I'll pull it out tomorrow and see what happens to the site

Thanks again

Dave

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits