khuhner
CBB 3.0 (Error Adding/Deleting Forums)
  • 2006/2/21 15:55

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/6 3

I've recently downloaded and installed a new version of CBB 3.0.

I have encountered the following issues:

When Adding Forum:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method XoopsGroupPermHandler::deleteRight() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\html\modules\newbb\admin\admin_forum_manager.php on line 374

Note, the forum is added though.

When Deleting Forum:
Note: This will remove the forum and all posts in it.

WARNING: Are you sure you want to delete this Forum?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class xoopsformselectuser in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\html\class\xoopsform\formselectuser.php on line 80

And the Yes/cancel buttons are missing.

Note, the Forum is NOT deleted.

I've turned on phpdebug, MySQL debug and there arent any error messages displayed that would help. I am running XOOPS 2.0.13.2, MySql 5.0 and php 5.

ANY help would be appreciated. I want to be able to upgrade XOOPS in the future without having to upgrade CBB. Since CBB 3.0 will allow me to do that I really want to stay with it, but if I cant delete a forum, I'll have to downgrade

Respectfully,
Kurt

boss_hog
Re: CBB 3.0 Errors
  • 2006/2/21 20:25

• boss_hog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/11

Hey yall,
for the record, I am seeing this same issue as Kurt:

Quote:

khuhner wrote:

When Deleting Forum:
Note: This will remove the forum and all posts in it.

WARNING: Are you sure you want to delete this Forum?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class xoopsformselectuser in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\html\class\xoopsform\formselectuser.php on line 80

And the Yes/cancel buttons are missing.

Note, the Forum is NOT deleted.

I've turned on phpdebug, MySQL debug and there arent any error messages displayed that would help. I am running XOOPS 2.0.13.2, MySql 5.0 and php 5

Respectfully,
Kurt

My set-up uses XOOPS 2.0.13.2, MySQL 3.23.xx and PHP4.xx.
And, as Kurt has experienced, I am not seeing any errors while trying to delete a forum or category.
Thanks
Joe

khuhner
Re: CBB 3.0 Errors (Error Adding/Deleting Forums)
  • 2006/2/23 3:13

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

(bump) Boss_hog and I need some assistance. I am unable to go into production with CBB 3.0 due to the issues above. Can someone please assist and help us debug the issue???

Methis
  • 2006/2/23 10:06

• Methis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/25

I solved this issue using CBB 3.01:http://www.xoopsforge.com/

But please...can you tell me if you can see admin link in the index page when you're logged as a moderator?

Go here

khuhner
  • 2006/2/23 20:30

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

@Methis:

Here is my admin panel

Resized Image

I see that there isnt any "Admin" link on the Index page for CBB. I guess I'm missing it as well! And I changed to the default theme just to make sure... I also checked the 'floating' menu (can be shown while holding the mouse over the CBB icon on the left of the Admin panel) and it also does NOT show an Admin link...

I went inoto modules/newbb/admin and looked at menu.php. An "Admin" link is not listed there.

I guess we'll have to stay tuned...

Kurt

khuhner
[SOLVED] Re: CBB 3.0 Errors (Error Adding/Deleting Forums)
  • 2006/2/23 21:01

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

@Methis:

Done some digging and the "Admin" link you're looking for is not in the Admin section; rather at the bottom of the forum pages (next to the RSS) link...

Do you see it now?

I also found this CBB 3.0 FAQ at XoopsForge.com, we should probably get this listed on xoops.org (under CBB 3.0):

http://xoopsforge.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=407&forum=1&post_id=1026#forumpost1026

Kurt

tedsmith
Re: [SOLVED] Re: CBB 3.0 Errors (Error Adding/Deleting Forums)
  • 2006/2/24 18:53

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I have recently installed a new site (2.0.13.2 and CBB 3.0) and I have no delete buttons when trying to delete categories or forums. I just get the following text :

NoteThis will NOT remove the forums under the categoryyou must do that via the Edit Forum section.

WARNINGAre you sure you want to delete this Category?

This has been mentioned above, but does not appear to have been solved. I have looked at the FAQ on the dev site as referenced, but the answer does not appear to be there either. Can anyone help?

khuhner
  • 2006/2/24 19:10

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

Quote:

I have recently installed a new site (2.0.13.2 and CBB 3.0) and I have no delete buttons when trying to delete categories or forums. I just get the following text :

This has been mentioned above, but does not appear to have been solved.

Have you tried CBB 3.01? It's located here:
http://www.xoopsforge.com/ Not sure why it's not in XOOPS.org though. It fixed my issues with adding/deleting forums.

tedsmith
  • 2006/2/24 19:38

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Thanks, yes, that has worked. Having upgraded to 3.1 the buttons now appear. Bravo.

boss_hog
  • 2006/2/24 20:10

• boss_hog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/11

Hey yall,
my apologies for raining on the parade here.
My site is running and appears to be fine, but I still have the prviously mentioned issue. Can't delete forums.
Quote:
Note: This will NOT remove the forums under the category, you must do that via the Edit Forum section. WARNING: Are you sure you want to delete this Category?

I did install CBB 3.0.1.
As a side note, I am also unable to use my custom template, the default XOOPS is being used currently. If I try to use my custom template the forums go "kablooie".

The instructions in the XOOPS forums have been followed, 3 different threads here plus the one at xoopsforge.
Are there any other suggestions?
Thanks
Joe

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits