bumperscoot
Cannot display anything in custom block

Hi All..

I'm a bit new with Xoops, so bear with me here..

I've recently tried to add a custom block to my XOOPS v 2.2.4 site running PHP5 on WinXPsp2.

While I can select where the custom block appears (left, center, Etc.), nothing I type in the block is displayed. I've tried plain text, HTML, Everything. I can change the title, but thats it..

Can anyone give me an idea on what this might be?
Thanks in advance!

Steve

dizzymarkus
Re: Cannot display anything in custom block

goto admin -- groups-- and allow privledges to see it

be it to anon, registered, or webmaster.

Hope this helps

Markus

bumperscoot

Thanks for the reply dizzymarkus!

I just confirmed that the Webmaster has rights to access all blocks and also checked Block Administration to make sure it it was visable and assigned to Webmaster, Etc.

Still no-go.

I also have BlocksAdmin installed. When I select Custom Blocks from the BlocksAdmin Administration, I see the "Anon"/"Registered"/"Webmaster" groups on the left, with "None", "All", "Cancel", and "Submit" to the right and below the groups. There are no custom blocks listed.

Does this help? Any other Ideas?

Quest
  • 2006/2/21 12:32

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Did you also ensure in your Blocks Administration that the Page or Pages you want it to show up on are also checked? If you do not select the page and or page in modules you want it to show up on then it will not show up. Even if it is set to visible.

Hope this helps.

Quest

bumperscoot

Thanks Quest!

Yes, it is selected.

Remember, I am able to see the block with the correct block title, just not the content I put in the block (plain text, HTML, Etc.. Nothing displays).

A friend of mine is running 2.2.3, and I tried this with his site. It works perfectly, and somewhat validates the manner in which I am doing this.

Could this be an issue with 2.2.4?

Steve

tzvook
  • 2006/3/16 13:40

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hello Steve

It sure looks like an Incompibility of the "blocksadmin" with 2.2.4, since I also has an empty "custom blocks' staff (on 2.2.4 , FreeBsd )
but I can see all my custom blocks which were made without the blocksadmin.

it probably should be reported to GIJOE ...

logicaldrift

I am having this exact same problem, only with 2.0.10. I just upgraded to this version from 2.0.9.2, and when I did that none of my custom blocks will display their contents. The blocks will appear with the correct title, but there will be no contents in any of them. I went into the Blocks section in the administration panel, and the content is still present in the editing menu, but not when I display them on the actual website. Any ideas?

www.logicaldrifter.com

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits