jensclas
I have an unusal sound when some pages load

Hi gurus!
I know it has been a long time but full time worked just dragged me away from here and my site. Anyway I have upgraded to XOOPS 2.0.13 and there is something really unusaul happening. Sometimes - not always- there is a sound much like a screeching door followed by a bang when i do something in my admin pages. It is a sound that 'alerts' me to something but I haven't a clue as to what that something is. PHP debug is on. the only errors I am getting are the ones like Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_TEXT already defined in file modules/xoopspartners/language/english/modinfo.php line 38 and
\Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: pics in file modules/xcgal/blocks/xcgal_blocks.php line 203
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: pics in file modules/xcgal/blocks/xcgal_blocks.php line 204
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: pics in file modules/xcgal/blocks/xcgal_blocks.php line 205

which I have discovered don;t need to be worried about too much. So...what is it that is making this wierd noise???

Thanks so much!

PS - actually it is not unlike the sounf smart FTP makes when the upload link breaks.

Bananadude
Re: I have an unusal sound when some pages load
  • 2006/2/21 9:12

• Bananadude

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/16

I had the same issue earlier, but it has nothing to do with Xoops.
Put on some music in the background and visit a random site where you have to scroll a bit, if you get the screechy noice then too then it may have something to do with your soundcard or the installation of it, I think.
If the sound is back to normal when you restart your computer and try the scrolling again you shouldn't worry to much about it. Besides ..musiceffects like screeching is cool too

Best Regards,
Bananadude
--- censored by Bananadude ---

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (178 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits