Miket
Protector
  • 2006/2/18 19:19

• Miket

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/7 1

I added the module XOOPS Protector and now cannot access the site. I get a you do not have permission error type message. I suspect what I did was block my own IP, however I cannot get access from other ip's. If I choose to delete the installation and start over what's the best way to do this? Or, is anyone familiar with Protector?

MikeT

Dave_L
Re: Protector
  • 2006/2/18 19:57

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I assume this is a recent version of Protector? Simply edit mainfile.php and comment-out the two lines you added:

[
color=ff0000]#include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . '/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php';[/color]

if (!isset($xoopsOption['nocommon']) && XOOPS_ROOT_PATH != '') {
        require 
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/include/common.php";
    }

[
color=ff0000]#include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . '/modules/protector/include/postcheck.inc.php';[/color]

After you change Protector's configuration to remove your IP address, you can uncomment-out those two lines.

Miket
  • 2006/2/18 20:17

• Miket

• Just popping in

Yeah, downloaded Protector about two weeks ago and assume that is the latest version. Interestingly, I cannot find in mainfile.php, a reference to Protector (to comment out.) If memory serves, I may have overwritten mainfile.php with an older version of that file, in an attempt to back track. The current version of mainfile.php has all the appropriate db references, pass, user, etc. but no reference to protector. Does another mainfile.php exist in another folder? Am I simply mixing them?

When I installed the module Protector did I write something to another file, that also needs to be edited?

MikeT

P.S. I now realize I have deleted the module (files) of Protector. If I simply reinstall XOOPS what issues might I face?

Dave_L
  • 2006/2/18 20:25

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

The only other possibility is that Protector may have modified the .htaccess file in the top-level XOOPS directory, so check that.

By the way, the latest version of Protector is 2.55. It's official support site ishttp://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/

Miket
  • 2006/2/18 20:35

• Miket

• Just popping in

.htaccess is where the problem began. I uploaded that file and then was unable to gain access. Interestingly, to my minimal skills, that file is not visible in the tree once uploaded. Why would that be?

Thanks for your help. I will try the developor site again, which hasn't been active.

Miket

Dave_L
  • 2006/2/18 20:57

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

Sometimes .htaccess, or other files whose names start with ".", are not visible with an FTP client.

I don't know what kind of server or server account you have, or what kinds of access you have to it.

Miket
  • 2006/2/18 21:00

• Miket

• Just popping in

I don't see an .htaacess file in the tree of a fresh download of Xoops. Is this a file that is built when installing?

If I delete and reinstall will I goof-up the db files?

MikeT

Dave_L
  • 2006/2/18 21:22

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

The default XOOPS install does not include an .htaccess file in the top-level directory. Protector may have added that.

If you want to do a clean reinstall, you should first drop all the database tables, or drop the entire database. Of course, that will delete all the content.

Miket
  • 2006/2/19 6:57

• Miket

• Just popping in

Dave, Just wanted to thank you for responding today to my questions.

Mike Thomas

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits