Dhrystone
XOOPS <-> MediaWiki authentication via PHP
  • 2006/1/21 3:02

• Dhrystone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/31

Has anyone ever attempted (and hopefully been successful) in getting MediaWiki to externally authenticate to a XOOPS userbase? I'm no PHP programmer but I've read stuff about external authentication plugins etc etc and know that MW can auth with things like PHPBB via some sort of extension.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking about a MW module for Xoops. I looked at phppp's DokuWiki XOOPS module and it simply isn't as good as MW in my opinion. I'd like to just install MW separately and then 1) have anyone visiting the MW login page authenticate and be checked against the XOOPS userbase, and 2) for people visiting my XOOPS intranet site be able to simply click a link from within XOOPS and automagically authenticate into MW via their already-logged-in details.

Any pointers or code would be greatly appreciated!

Dhry

phppp
Re: XOOPS <-> MediaWiki authentication via PHP
  • 2006/1/21 3:13

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

MW for XOOPS has always been on my watching list for years, although it is currently for personal test only, a little far away from real applications.

Dhrystone
Re: XOOPS MediaWiki authentication via PHP
  • 2006/1/21 7:08

• Dhrystone

• Just popping in

Hi phppp. I'd been seriously considering using your DokuWiki module for the miniature site I have here at home but it just isn't my style. The file uploading functionality isn't great and there are certain aspects of the styles (ordered/unordered lists) and the spellchecker which are still broken, not to mention the fact that it stores as flatfile rather than in the database. I know you don't have a version of MediaWiki in module format, but if you have any pointers to be able to do what I was requesting in the original post I would be very grateful. Just a way of authenticating into the main separate MW application from Xoops, or visiting MW directly and having it auth to Xoops's userbase. I've been using MW at home for a year now and just don't think I can switch to Doku as I'm so used to the MW syntax etc.

Dhrystone
  • 2006/2/4 7:44

• Dhrystone

• Just popping in

No response..?

kevjaun
  • 2006/2/12 3:39

• kevjaun

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/12

like dhrystone, i am very interested in this. any chance of it happening?

phppp
  • 2006/2/12 4:12

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Dhrystone
  • 2006/2/12 6:39

• Dhrystone

• Just popping in

AWESOME!!

kevjaun
  • 2006/2/13 2:20

• kevjaun

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/12

whoop!

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits