• 2005/10/16 22:52

• jymon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/1

Please add entry first???
Erm?

jdseymour
Re: Shortcuts errors?

You need a shortcut before you can use it. I have also seen this happen with different browsers. Try another browser if you have problems adding a shortcut.

jymon
  • 2005/10/16 23:13

• jymon

• Just popping in

well ive been trying to add a shortcut but its telling me have to add an entry. then sends me back where i started.
Tred it in mozilla and explorer but same same!

jdseymour

Quote:

jymon wrote:
well ive been trying to add a shortcut but its telling me have to add an entry. then sends me back where i started.
Tred it in mozilla and explorer but same same!

I have not had any trouble on my site with Firefox (but have had a few users report a problem) so it must be a browser, or firewall setting causing the error. I have never figured it out as I can never get the error myself.

jymon
  • 2005/10/16 23:36

• jymon

• Just popping in

Well it looks like we're narrowing it down to a browser issue as no sooner had i finished reading your last reply i managed to get Mozilla to add an entry for me.
So now that is fixed i can add a note on my site informing my visitors to use mozilla rather than explorer. It's my fav out of the two anyway.
Thanks for that.
J
www.shangri-la-la.co.uk

Herko
  • 2005/10/17 8:26

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Can someone please enlighten me as to where this error occurs, and what it is about? I don't quite follow this...

Herko

jdseymour

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
Can someone please enlighten me as to where this error occurs, and what it is about? I don't quite follow this...

Herko

Does not happen all the time Herko, but when a user first tries to set a shortcut the error comes up. Seems, as jymon stated to occur more with IE than Firefox, but it can occur with either. That is why I suggested to try changing browser or settings. Seems though after a first page is recorded to shortcuts the problem goes away.

I was never able to duplicate this though, just has been reported by a couple of my users.

See the last comment in the Module Repository it seems to refer to the same issue.

Herko
  • 2005/10/17 9:05

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

thanks jd, I missed the whole context about the shortcuts module, and replied in the other thread.

Herko

khuhner
  • 2006/2/11 14:54

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/6 3

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
Herko

I get the same error. Install the module, use the Shortcuts->Shortcuts block. Then try to add the first shortcut and you get the error. So I faked an entry and you cant edit or add another shortcut due to the same problem stated in this thread.

My user base uses IE. I'm using XOOPS 2.0.13.2, MySql 5, php5 and the uptodate Shortcuts from the Module Repository.

Suggestions?

Kurt

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits