msdana
Linking MySql tables...possible
  • 2006/2/10 13:17

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

I need a push in the right direction.

I have two modules with two database tables. I would like to be able to link the tables so that when information is saved in Table A, the same exact information will be input into Table B, but not vice versa.

I'm assuming this can be done in MySql and not the actual coding of the modules, but I could be wrong (it's happened before).

If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

TIA
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

bluenova
Re: Linking MySql tables...possible

I don't think this can be done in MySQL (could be wrong though) Why not use the multisite hack?

msdana
  • 2006/2/10 13:32

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Well, because I didn't think of Multisite Hack. LOL I guess I just thought of the multisite hack as something to do with multiple sites...

I'll check it out! Thanks!
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]

msdana
  • 2006/2/10 13:50

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Okay, I'm still not sure that Multisite Hack is what I need. Based on the description, it allows for multiple "sites" to share a physical location. Or am I missing something?

I would like for one site to have two identical tables within the database. I thought MySql could do it, but I guess not. Do I code the PHP file that inputs the data into Table A to also input into Table B?

Thanks!

bluenova

Basicly it allows you to share information between database tables. I havn't used it myself so I'm not sure if you could share info between tables in the same site, but might be worth a look.

Login

Who's Online

505 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 505

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits