javadiva
Theme Question
  • 2006/2/9 23:14

• javadiva

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/2 9

Sorry realized you probably have a newbie forum for this type of thing.

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I can't find an answer. Normally someone figures out what they did wrong and stops the thread. So here is my dilemma:

I downloaded a theme. I want to remove the theme's banner and replace some of the images, i.e. the logo.gif. I have dreamweaver mx. So I download the theme into dreamweaver so I can see all the coding. I See the php coding on the index.html. I remove the banner images and replace the images with my own. I make all the replaced images the exact same size as the original files and. I use the same file name as the original banner. I upload the changed images on my site via ftp directly into the theme folder. When I load the customized theme. No images, just "x" blank box where the image should be. What am I doing wrong? I've found serveral themes I'd like to modify, but I just don't know how the files interconnect with each other. I'm getting it kind of (but I've only been working with XOOPS for five days now). The php script can be put in an html file and it "calls back" the source file so you don't have to change every page that particular information appears over and over. Cool love that. But what about the graphics in the theme? How do I edit those?

Thanks.

JamesSAEP
Re: Theme Question
  • 2006/2/10 3:40

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

First, you don't modify the index.html file. All changes need to be made to the theme.html file.

I use DW to modify themes as well. DW seems to always mess up the {} in the code and replace it with a bunch of other characters. So besure to check the code and not the display screen.

After you ftp the file, refresh the browser a few time and if necessary, clear the XOOPS and system cache and temporary_c directories.

Login

Who's Online

275 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 275

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits