johntrot
Ver 2.2.4 Custom Block xross blocks
  • 2006/2/4 18:15

• johntrot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/7 2

When inserting more than one custom block on the site, each block takes on the sames information as the first block. Is there a way to correct this. I need multiple custom blocks through out the site.

Many Thanks
john b

Herko
Re: Ver 2.2.4 Custom Block xross blocks
  • 2006/2/4 20:13

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I can't reproduce this behaviour. Can anyone else?

Can you provide some more information? PHP version? Server type, versions? Modules installed, theme you're using etc.?

Herko

johntrot
  • 2006/2/5 3:35

• johntrot

• Just popping in

my server info follows:
redhat-linux-gnu
apache 2.0 handler
php 4.4.0
MySQL 4.1.14
cgi support
mod_perl support
using a modified version of the default theme
I have liaise, kshop, myalbum, newbb, pical, popnupblog, smartmedia, smartfaq, content, and webcam installed modules.
I had multimenu installed, but it isn't compatable with 2.2.4. I used it previously with earlier versions... it just doesn't work. It has been removed from site.

Had previous versions 2.0.??, upgraded to 2.2.3 and installed some custom blocks. I noticed that if you place info into the custom [edit template] area all become the same. However, when you remove the code from that side it reverts to normal. You can place your info on the front side of the edit block but not the [edit template] area.
when I changed to 2.2.4 everything upgraded properly. When adding two new custom blocks, I placed the info in the [edit template] side to see if that had now worked (knowing from the previous version it could be corrected). It now cannot be corrected. I cannot remove the info, I can change it, but not remove it. I have even deleted all custom blocks and reinstalled with no luck. It (the same info) is still there. I have the update templates in the [general][preferences] clicked on.
john b

johntrot
  • 2006/2/5 4:19

• johntrot

• Just popping in

I have the site back working and the custom blocks showing their proper info, but the bug still exists.

I had to go to the cloned templates and delete the custom block template. Then I re-generated it. It now works properly. I tried to duplicate this situation and it does the same thing. Therefore, the bug still crawls... At least I know how to correct it now.

Hope this helps someone else.
Incidently, in the above reply I forgot to tell you that my site has no custom modified modules...

once again, My Thanks to all of the XOOPS teams.
john b

Login

Who's Online

87 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 87

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits