zzzzsg
Re: Please help!: installed xoops patch 2.2.4. and my site crashed
  • 2006/2/4 21:55

• zzzzsg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/22

Dear jdseymour

What can I find the 'full article' that provides the instructions for the upgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.2.4?

I couldn't find it in XOOPS or warpigw2.com websites.

Okay --- I just found this :
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2813

Thank you very much in anticipation.

Gui

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
If you read the full article provided it will give instructions for the upgrade procedures. We are working to standardize the way that releases and updates are provided to alleviate this type of confusion. Please bare with use.

naxos
  • 2006/2/4 22:50

• naxos

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/6 3

Hello, I as well upgraded to 2.2.4 and crashed my site. I was upgrading from 2.0.13.2. When i goto my website i get a totally blank page. I didnt back anything up...because I'm an idiot apparently. Also it seems that there are no modules int he /modules folder anymore...hmmm I would assume the database is still in tact because all i did was upload the new files, overwriting if newer. If there is anyway I can recover from this without starting from scratch PLEASE help me out. Thanks so much

jdseymour

All you did was upload the 2.2.4 patch files over 2.0.13.2?

If that is correct download the full package of 2.0.13.2, remove the install folder, mainfile.php, and any modules not used on your site from the HTML folder, upload the rest of the contents of the HTML folder to your XOOPS directory on the server, and it should work as before.

naxos
  • 2006/2/4 23:26

• naxos

• Just popping in

Ok...hmm i just tried that and i have the modules folder back. But still get blank pages. I guess I should also add in that after i uploaded the 2.2.4 i did goto the xoopsupdate.php and all there was was a "Submit" button..i clicked that and got a white page...

I'm going to try and backup my database now so hopefully i wont lose everything. Maybe there is still some hope? Thanks for the quick reply and the help...i'm really mad at myself right now

naxos
  • 2006/2/4 23:34

• naxos

• Just popping in

Ok I just backedup my XOOPS database and kinda poked through I can still find all the gallery photo captions and news items, forum posts etc....i take this as a good sign, right?

EDIT: And NOW instead of a white page I get this message:

Quote:
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits