byu_xj
User/group permission for content module
  • 2006/2/3 23:36

• byu_xj

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/11

I have been working for several days to find a module or combination of modules that do the following

1) Allow Content administrators to create menus and submenus for content on the site.

2) Allow users to add content pages to the site and own the edit/delete permissions for that page.

3) Allow users to grant edit permission for pages that they have created to other users.

4) Display all this in block that has Menu/Submenu structure.

5) Display a link to the pages that the user has edit permission for in their extended profile

I have looked at the following modules:

Content
icontent
cjay-content
edito
arms
wiwimod

To the best of my ability I was not able to get any of them to do this.

I like the module "content" the best. It would be perfect if I could some how figure out how integrate it with user/group permissions for the pages that they create. Currently if I give a user access to create a page with this module then they will be able to edit any of the content on the site that has been created with the module.

Any suggestions.

gestroud
Re: User/group permission for content module
  • 2006/2/4 0:22

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

How about one of the multi-user blog modules or the Planet module?

byu_xj
  • 2006/2/4 4:10

• byu_xj

• Just popping in

Unfortunately I am looking for more than a blog. I would like to allow my users to create there own static HTML pages within pre-defined catagories.

I tried XOOPS Planet but it is mainly a blogging tool. I probably will include it in the site but it does not fullfill the role that I am interested in.

byu_xj
  • 2006/2/4 17:24

• byu_xj

• Just popping in

I think that I have found a solution in WF-Chanel and cloning of WF-Chanel. I have not tried this aproach yet but it looks promising.

Here is some discussion on this topic
https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=94&lid=1464
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=26041

draj
  • 2006/2/4 17:32

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hi!

Did you try to use Article module by phppp?

byu_xj
  • 2006/2/4 18:25

• byu_xj

• Just popping in

Yes, I did try the Article module but I did not include that in the list. To be honest this is my first XOOPS site so I have tried about every content/news/blog module that I could find in the repository to see if they were simple to use and to see which I liked best.

I am designing a family site where I would like my extended family to be able to easily load static html pages through XOOPS.

I just looked at WF-channel and It is a little further away from the functionality that I am interested in. The look and feel of Content is what I am happy with. It is simple to use and I think that I could easily explain to my Mom how to get some information on the web.

If I had a magic php/XOOPS/mysql wand I would add a set of permissions features to the Content module.

1) I would add the ability to allow CREATE permission based on GROUP ID.

2) I would limit EDIT and DELETE permissions to the user who created the page. This user could share EDIT permissions with other USERS or GROUP.

3) The user would be able to mark the page as visable.

4) All module administrators would have the ability to modify the page in any way.

5) I would include all CREATED pages in the Extend Profile of the user

gestroud
  • 2006/2/5 2:24

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

draj
  • 2006/2/5 11:46

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hallo!

Anathor option is to wait until 2.3 comes out. Skalpa said that he will program the permissions so that each page could have group/permission access.

byu_xj
  • 2006/2/6 22:41

• byu_xj

• Just popping in

Well this is the type of module that I am looking for. I think that I can get it to work in the mannor that I had hoped. Thanks for pointing me in this direction.

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits