magnusprime
Download (Upload) Support

When I am setting up files for download, I need to type in a full URL to the file.

What I want is to be able to select (browse) my system, and upload it as the file to be downloaded when I submit the form.

So, rather then me putting the file in the right place, and making sure the link is correct, I want to system to do all that work, and I just select the file. It then uploads the file, and creates the proper link to the file.

I know this would only work on files small enough to get past the php.ini setting, but if I am using it for PDF's and such, thats plenty big enough.

Thanks

-Magnus

JamesSAEP
Re: Download (Upload) Support
  • 2006/2/3 21:13

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

Are you talking about FTPing your files up to your site? Or are you talking about a download management module?

Quote:
I know this would only work on files small enough to get past the php.ini setting, but if I am using it for PDF's and such, thats plenty big enough.

You can get past the file size by putting a .htaccess file at the root of your site with the following in it:
php_value post_max_size 800M
php_value upload_max_filesize 800M
php_value max_execution_time 3600
php_value memory_limit 800M

This would allow for a 800 MB file to be uploaded.

magnusprime

actually, rather than having to ftp the files up, and then note and remember the proper path to the file, i want the download module to do that for me.

I want it to upload my file, and create the proper link for me automatically.

Hope that clears it up.

Good tip on the htaccess, i had forgotten about that!

terrion
  • 2006/2/5 6:22

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

I believe that the wf downloads module is probably what you're looking for.
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits