sempiternal
Setting The Home Page
  • 2006/1/31 22:51

• sempiternal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/31

Hi there, I am not that experienced using XOOPS but have spent about 2 months getting by and my site is still not done but I'm pretty good at the overall effect and it's just about that time that my site is going to launch. I am having a problem with one thing that I would appreciate help with.

How can I get say like my news to be on the front page showing up as the article in full view and for it to stay there? Is this something I have to do with the Content Module instead? I basically want to have something as my front home page and it won't let me.

I'm using friendfinder as well and would like the profiles to be on the homepage.

Basically, How do I create a static page that will stay on the home page like welcome text.

Kevin

OldFriend
Re: Setting The Home Page
  • 2006/1/31 23:18

• OldFriend

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/28

There are more than one way to setup your home page. Here's a few ideas.
1) Create a Block that only shows on the "Top Page". This could be a custom block with a Welcome Message or an existing block from one of your modules.
2) Set "Module for your start page" in "Preferences Main »» General Settings"

sempiternal
Re: Setting The Home Page
  • 2006/1/31 23:21

• sempiternal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/31

SWEET, that is what I was thinking but when I did that with the newer version of Xoops, I lost all the admin buttons and did not want to fuss with that.

Thank you so much.

Kevin

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits