Zorglub
BIG URGENT backup module problem
  • 2006/1/31 21:22

• Zorglub

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/26

At Christmas, I had to change the server on which r website was hosted. I used the backup module to do that : it worked perfectly, and I was quite amazed.

I took back the server home, to put it in intensive care. It came out of them this morning, and I was looking forward to put it back in place.

And here my problem start : I stopped the site from the server n°2, backedup the database with backup. No problem till here.

I plugged back the first server, booted, no problem. I had reinstalled the same site as previously (just the same way I had done at christmas), and then re-ftp all the files from server 2 to server 1. All that was missing were the databases ... The only way to implement them back with the backup moduile was to put the server back in place, no problem, log in as webmaster, no problem, install the backup module, no problem, put the .gz file in place and then run the backup script.

Here comes the messing : the backup script starts, beginning with a tremendous error at the line 34, and ending kilometers of text further with a Quote:
MySQL: MySQL server has gone away

Stopped on error

Start from the beginning (DROP the old tables before restarting)
. I then tried to use Phpmyadmin with various files : MySQL backup (*.sql), it does not work, nothing happens.

I then desperatly tried to put back the database as it was at christmas : the modules have not changed at all, everything is the same but a few articles that I will write again.

The backup script tells me it is successfull, having stopped at line 33 !! Nothing changes then (my .gz is 360 k and should contain quite a lot of lines ...).

I noted that on the first server, MySQL is 3.23, on the temporary replacement server, it is 5.0.

Could it be this that is messing the whole thing ?

What can I do then ? Further than this, what can I do even to put back the database as it was at christmas ?

I need some help !

Thanx in advance

McDonald
Re: BIG URGENT backup module problem
  • 2006/1/31 22:35

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Try it with the XOOPS module Xoops DB BackUp & Restore or the PHP-script BigDump (BigDump is integrated in XOOPS DB BackUp & Restore).

jonsimmonds
Re: BIG URGENT backup module problem

Is there no way that the MySQL on the first server can be updated to 5.0? I tried to help a friend restore a linkds db from server to server with different MySQL versions and it appears that recently there has been a change in the syntax of MySQL dumps
www.jonsimmonds.co.uk

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits