anhstar
Xoops default text editor?
  • 2006/1/26 22:02

• anhstar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/12

Im building a website in which I need to have some tables with image on one side and text on the other, so I installed Koivi editor and it's not really WYSIWYG. So I decided to use the default editor with html code in it, but once again I got problems. It's really small problems like the spacing of some images, text. It's taking me too much time to build a simple pages.

So my question is: Is there something better? Or is there any special code in that I can use with the default XOOPS text editor likes [b] for bold, [i], etc.
Is there a way to put spacing in the text with the XOOPS default text editor? I just want to do a TAB or simulate it when I start a paragraph sigh!!!

Anyway, thanks in advance!

mongrel
Re: Xoops default text editor?
  • 2006/1/27 5:35

• mongrel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

Well, I recommend checking out My Recent Post on the subject. Someone else had that exact same question in a different forum.

I don't know them all, but there are codes, yes. And the links I provided use most of the same ones we use here, although for obvious security reasons, this forum doesn't allow the running of scripts in our posts. I noticed one difference in that many bulletin boards use "link" where we use "URL."

I did see some information about tables in one of those links, so you may be in luck.

One thing that I do quite a lot when I want my post to look exactly how I want is to compose a post in GoLive (or any Web design software) and then copy the html (excluding everything before and including "<body>" into the post.

We can't use html here, I don't believe, but your own site can in your forums if you set it that way in the preferences.

Good luck!
Improve the time.

anhstar
Re: Xoops default text editor?
  • 2006/1/27 14:48

• anhstar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/12

Thanks for the informations Mongrel, but I have another question. It seems like the XOOPS default editor interpret my code and somehow of it own code to it.
I used Frontpage to build my page with table and image, when I put the html code in the XOOPS default editor and save it, and when I edit it, XOOPS cut a text line randomly, exemple: I have a line of text that is long and somehow, XOOPS text editor cut it in half and when I go to view the page, the phrase is cut in half, which is not what I want.

Is there a way to tell XOOPS default editor to keep the html code part intact, without any manipulation of its part? Because I have passed the whole day just to try to arrange my table with text and image because XOOPS editor corrupt it somehow.

Thanks in advance!

Also, I use a multilingue hack that doenst let me disable XOOPS code.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits