kelemvor
Mini Websites by template for users? Can Xoops help me?
  • 2005/12/3 0:44

• kelemvor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/3

Well, I was referred here to see if XOOPS can help me accomplish what I'm looking to do. I'm new to anything but basic web sites so hopefully this will make sense.

Anyway, here goes.

I am a member of Ally Cat Allies (www.alleycat.org) and take care of 5-6 stray cats that live in my backyard. I've been unable to find a site where I can register my cats and have others regsiter theirs and make a little mini website about them.

I know I can make my own website just about my guys but that's not what I want.

What I'm envisioning is having a website that would have some general informaion but then allow visitors to create an account if they also take care of stray/feral cats. Then they could input some information on a profile page (name, location, etc). Then they could also create a mini site about their cats. This would only have a few predefined pages like Summary, Blog, photo gallery (size limited), etc.

System requirements don't matter because I want to get the software part figured out first and then I'll find a host that can support it once I find something that will work.

That's about it. SO, can XOOPS help me with this project? I see there's a bunch of Modules but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Maybe someone who's done the same thing or where there's a tutorial or something.

Any help, ideas, etc would be great!

Thanks!

gestroud
Re: Mini Websites by template for users? Can Xoops help me?
  • 2005/12/3 2:18

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Welcome to XOOPS, kelemvor.

If you want to keep things fairly simple for your users, you may want to consider one of the multi-user blog modules (wordpress, weblog 1.41 or popupblog seem to work fairly well).

For individual profiles, there's a Profiles module that used to be available for download on this site, but I can't seem to find it. You can download it at its developer's site - not too sure if it is compatible with the latest XOOPS version, though. You could also look at the xroster module.

I thought that there was a mypage or mysite module that would allow users to create their own personal page, but I can't seem to find it here. Could someone out there could lend a hand?

theprof
Re: Mini Websites by template for users? Can Xoops help me?
  • 2006/1/24 19:49

• theprof

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/14

I am searching for htis so called MyPage....Does anyone know where I can find it?

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits