dizzymarkus
member profile shows blank page

When I log in and search members---- click name to view them, it shows a blank white page. I checked the member number in phpadmin it appears correct. Heres the addy it sends to the address bar

http://localhost/xoops/userinfo.php?uid=2

this member is assigned id#2

any help is appreciated as the profiles will be a big part of my site.
Thanks alot,
Markus

edit ---------------

if I type that address directly into the adress bar I go to the profile ?????? when clicking the name link i do not ??? Ok Im confused now lol permission problem?

------end edit

m0nty
Re: member profile shows blank page
  • 2006/1/20 0:32

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

well we can't help u from that link as its localhost..

use your ip address if you want users on the network or internet to access your site.

by sounds of it mainfile.php might be misconfigured..

bit vague on details tho.. it's a great idea to give us as much info as you can..

truen debug on for 1, tell us which version.. which php version, which sql version, whether apache or IIS etc etc..

m0nty
  • 2006/1/20 0:38

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

also what does the name link say? right click and select copy shortcut and paste it here.. but again, we'll need to know what XOOPS versions ur using..

dizzymarkus

Thanks for the reply and sorry I am fairly new here.

PHP version 4.4.1
SQL 4.1.13
XOOPS Version 2.0.13.2

(right clicked -- shortcut)
http://www.hawkmanracing.com/testfolder/userinfo.php?uid=2

I have uploaded to a server for testing this

http://www.hawkmanracing.com/testfolder

The link works If I am not logged in

I get the same address if im am logged in or not however lol (always one of those) if I log in and try I get the blank page.

I have another addition after uploading to the server now I cannot change the chmod to 444 on mainfile.php. I change it and apply then recheck it goes back to where it was.
Part of the prob? Thansk for all of everyones help.
Markus

WARNING: File /home/hawkmanr/public_html/testfolder/mainfile.php is writeable by the server.
Please change the permission of this file for security reasons.
in Unix (444), in Win32 (read-only)

------------------edit--------------------

almost forgot lol you can log in with
user name ------ James
password ------ 12345

-----------------end edit-----------------

dizzymarkus

Anyone ??? Pleaseeeeeeee help lol

even a suggestion will work as to where to look.

The permissions problem is intrigueing.

Markus

here aere the debug statements as asked

Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 491
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 491
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 386
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 386
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/cp_functions.php line 57

JMorris
  • 2006/1/20 12:17

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:
I have another addition after uploading to the server now I cannot change the chmod to 444 on mainfile.php. I change it and apply then recheck it goes back to where it was.
Part of the prob? Thansk for all of everyones help.
Markus

If you're using a hosting package that uses cPanel, you'll need to use the cPanel file manager to set the permissions on mainfile.php to 444.

RE: Blank screen...

I was going to suggest pasting your PHP Debug output, but you beat me to it.

It sounds like the user/admin check has a syntax error, but the debug output isn't confirming this.

::scratches head::

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

dizzymarkus

Quote:
It sounds like the user/admin check has a syntax error, but the debug output isn't confirming this.

Lol me to on the scratching hahahah.

thanks about the file permissions cuteftp pro wasnt allowing me to but the cpanel did.

It sounds like the user/admin check has a syntax error

Where might I start on this issue? I dont see a file called user/admin. Please advise ! thanks greatly for your time to respond,

Markus

m0nty
  • 2006/1/20 12:44

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

Fatal error: Class extcaleventhandler: Cannot inherit from undefined class xoopspersistableobjecthandler in /home/hawkmanr/public_html/testfolder/modules/extcal/class/event.php on line 59

disable the extcal module in admin, and see if that solves it.. if it does, then there's a problem with the module.. at least it narrows it down somewhat..

dizzymarkus

That seem to be where the problem was with thanks immensly. The ext calender wasnt working and I was trying to get it to at that time. I disabled it and everything is fine

Markus

your a savior

kerkyra
  • 2007/9/10 14:14

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

hi i got this error when i try to go into the admin section of usermanagement and profiles modules

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/kerkyra/public_html/modules/profile/admin/admin.php on line 34

and this one when i try to go to into the admin section of private messagging

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/kerkyra/public_html/modules/pm/admin/admin.php on line 34

both files have this code in line 34

.../profile/admin/admin.php
Quote:
$xTheme->loadModuleAdminMenu(1, _PROFILE_MI_INDEX);

.../pm/admin/admin.php
Quote:

$xTheme->loadModuleAdminMenu(1);

respectively

any ideas why this is happenning?

i have installed mp manager 2.6 which is working fine, does that have to do with the error messages?
www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits