AnnMarie
After last page of install it goes to a white page
  • 2006/1/18 20:16

• AnnMarie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/18

I'm trying to install the final version of XOOPS on my site and when I get to the part of putting in admin info I go to press next and it goes straight to a white page. I've disabled my firewall and I still can't figure out what went wrong? HELP!

FruityB
Re: After last page of install it goes to a white page
  • 2006/1/18 21:39

• FruityB

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/19

Just checked your site AnnMarie, it's working a...ok
http://www.fruitybids.2babe.com
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My xoops server is focked! using this for now!

iver2435
  • 2006/1/19 5:38

• iver2435

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/19

I'm having the exact same problem...

It's like it won't insert it into the database...

I am running it on my personal machine (WinXP, IIS 5.1), but that should make a difference....

Quote:

AnnMarie wrote:
I'm trying to install the final version of XOOPS on my site and when I get to the part of putting in admin info I go to press next and it goes straight to a white page. I've disabled my firewall and I still can't figure out what went wrong? HELP!

MichaelW
  • 2006/1/19 11:39

• MichaelW

• Just popping in

Me too - exactly the same problem...

mocsa1
  • 2006/1/19 12:33

• mocsa1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/19

I had the same problem when I installed XOOPS 2.2.3 on an internet server with Apache and PHP 4.1.0.
However, when I installed it on my own machine at home with a local Apache and PHP 5 it worked correctly. It worked well when I swithced the local server to 4.3.x.
So I think it is the PHP version which makes the difference even though the XOOPS 2.2.3 installation screen says that PHP 4.1.0 is enough.

MichaelW
  • 2006/1/19 13:13

• MichaelW

• Just popping in

That makes sense, since I'm running on PHP 4.1.2. How bout everyone else? Incidentally, checked in my database, and the admin name etc have NOT been written to the table. Anyone know which version of XOOPS WILL run with PHP 4.1.X ? If I try just going to the site by typing in the URL (e.g. www.mysite/xoops/index.php) I get a whole shed-load of errors...

Later: Yes, well...uninstalled version 2.2.3, installed version 2013 instead, and.....va-va-rooooom!! Off she goes, no trouble. Any particular reason one should not continue to use this version?

phenom31
  • 2006/1/20 20:02

• phenom31

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/14

I am running 4.12 and the install goes fine with 2.2.3 however my problem lies when someone tries to signup, thats when I receive the big phatty boom bats crash!

I only noticed that it was doing this when I switched to any third party theme other than what it is pre-installed with. Could very well be the PHP version but I think it's more than that. I think maybe there are too many sloppy, half done coded themes (no offense) but maybe the creators did not want to spend anytime updating what they offer on the web. Could analyze it all day but I think it's best to just test it more to find out what the real issue is. I actually noticed that it was fine for me until I switched around about 5 themes just previewing so maybe a cache problem. I am no programmer just helping me as well as you all out.

One more thing I noticed that is a big one. Please pay closely to this as I paid the price on this 3 times already before I learned my lesson. When you upload all the core files in the html folder and then install it asks you if you want to have the Private Messenger as well as the Extended Profiles. Everytime I resorted in doing this that way, I would be ok in the admin section for about 20 minutes and then it would just crash. The last time I did it reverse and left those two mods out in fact only installed The P gallery. After a few exits here and there, it just would keep me stuck with the PM and online extended area but would not let me into the admin section no matter what and I could not even get anything out of the two plugins while being stuck.

I am sticking with the previous version because it's just too buggy still and not stable enough to hold a site in place.

Hope that helps, thanks for listening.

Kevin

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits