programit
Stop Notification everywhere!
  • 2005/12/26 22:57

• programit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/26

Is it possible without stripping out the actual code, to remove the Notification Options box from every section!
I'm in the process of trying to set up a new site with XOOP but the notification box which takes up 1/2 the screen is driving me crazy!
I've tried to set the options in the blocks admin but even when thats set to invisible it still appears! (Is this a bug?)
I've thought of just wiping out the template but seems a little drastic?

Will_H
Re: Stop Notification everywhere!
  • 2005/12/26 23:30

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

the thing about notifications, is that every module has it... So when it comes to disabling specific or even all of them you have to ask yourself... how many of my users want to be notified the next time i go to the bathroom?

So in short, to disable all of the notifications and prevent them from showing you will have to go through absolutely every preference there is and make sure that all of them say "notifications disabled"

programit
  • 2005/12/27 21:39

• programit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/26

Thanks for that. I was disabling from the blocks in system menu only.

pepokiro2
  • 2006/1/18 22:22

• pepokiro2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/29

Quote:

Biteronboard wrote:
the thing about notifications, is that every module has it... So when it comes to disabling specific or even all of them you have to ask yourself... how many of my users want to be notified the next time i go to the bathroom?

So in short, to disable all of the notifications and prevent them from showing you will have to go through absolutely every preference there is and make sure that all of them say "notifications disabled"

Do you know where is forum preferences? I want to stop notification for forum. I use XOOPS 2.0.10 and newbb version 1.

pepokiro2
  • 2006/1/18 22:40

• pepokiro2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/29

Sorry!! I found it. Read that

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits