Ace_Armstrong
Cannot delete trackbacks on Weblog 1.41

I think I've found a bug in Weblog 1.42: you cannot delete trackbacks. Some lousy piece of excrement decided to trackbackspam a blog on one of the sites I work on, and we can't delete it. When we click on the "Delete" link it takes us to the link we're trying to delete!

Anyone encountered this and/or got a fix?
Ace Armstrong
The Man. The Myth. The Mammal.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Intelligent, informed debate good. Innuendo bad. See for yourself!
www.GLOAMING.us

Ace_Armstrong
Re: Cannot delete trackbacks on Weblog 1.41

GRR! These #OOPS#s are still adding their spam trackback. Anyone know how to stop this from happening? I'm willing to take about any suggestions.
Ace Armstrong
The Man. The Myth. The Mammal.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Intelligent, informed debate good. Innuendo bad. See for yourself!
www.GLOAMING.us

DJ007
  • 2006/1/15 21:26

• DJ007

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/15

Just went thru this on a site, I was able to delete the trackback spam, but it did what u describe (clicks thru to the offending site), but the checkbox was selected when I hit the back button. Tedious, but worked. Running Weblog 1.4

I was wondering if there was a way to stop it altogether? I know it's an option in Wordpress ME, but it's too late to change over now

DJ.

macmend
  • 2006/1/26 15:54

• macmend

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/27

yes I also have this problem, but am using 1.42 from the weBLog website which allows me to delete the spam, however what i would like is a way to turn trackback off! Anyone know about this
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

apache server with php sshexec turned on
xoops version 2.0.18.1 & 2.3.1
php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

DJ007
  • 2006/4/7 20:14

• DJ007

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/15

Finally had a sit down with those those trackback spam f**kers, s'cuse the expletive, but they were really starting to p*** me off.

Quick fix;
1. You need to be using an editable template set, clone the default if default is what you're using.

2. In the weblog_details.html template, remove
<{if $trackback_recieved}>
<
div class="blogTrackbackRecieved"><{$lang_trackback_recieved}></div>
<{foreach 
from=$trackback_recieved item=trackback}>
    <{if 
$trackback.title}><div class="blogTrackbackTitle"><a href="<{$trackback.tb_url}>" target="_blank"><{$trackback.title}></a></div><{/if}>
    <{if 
$trackback.description}><div class="blogTrackbackDescription"><{$trackback.description}><a href="<{$trackback.tb_url}>" target="_blank">...more</a></div><{/if}>
    <{if 
$trackback.blog_name}><div class="blogTrackbackBlogname">&nbsp;--&nbsp;<a href="<{$trackback.tb_url}>" target="_blank"><{$trackback.blog_name}></a>&nbsp;--&nbsp;</div><{/if}><div class="blogTrackbackCreated"><{$trackback.trackback_created}></div>
<{/foreach}>
<{/if}>
Only.

And none of their spam links show up. It'll have to do for now, until I can figure out some sort of permission based system.

Hope this helps,
DJ.

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits