xephon
Does anyone know of a way to convert postnuke to xoops?
  • 2006/1/8 14:00

• xephon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/31

I have tried search, yahoo/google, etc.

and all i can find are dead links or unanswered questions.

Even on this site the download link is dead for the conversion table (https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=371)

I really want to use xoops, but the complete lack of any conversions makes it incredibly hard :/

please if anyone has found/made a way can you tell me what you did?

Speed
Re: Does anyone know of a way to convert postnuke to xoops?
  • 2006/1/8 15:06

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

There is not a straight conversion.

I know you don't want to hear this, but the best way would be to make a test install of XOOPS and print out the database tables. Compare them to your existing website database. Make adjustments as needed and insert the old data into the new database structure. It's tedious. It will take some time. Not every single field will match and you may lose some data because the two programs are different.

I moved my website over from phpNuke a few years ago. At that time, I had no knowledge of mySQL. Reconstructing a database from scratch was quite frankly a scary proposition. I learned a lot. I made some mistakes. It took me more than one attempt. In the end, the only real hard part was the forums. I can't say that I really know mySQL now, but I am comfortable enough now that I will make changes to it and know that those changes will do without fear.

Good luck.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits