Kasch
Problem upgrading 2.0.9.2 -> 2.0.10
  • 2006/1/6 10:18

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/9 2

When trying to load the install/index.php I get:

Warning: main(./passwd.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dreng/public_html/gimle/install/index.php on line 30

Warning: main(): Failed opening './passwd.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dreng/public_html/gimle/install/index.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dreng/public_html/gimle/install/index.php:30) in /home/dreng/public_html/gimle/install/index.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dreng/public_html/gimle/install/index.php:30) in /home/dreng/public_html/gimle/install/index.php on line 34
You can not access this XOOPS installer.

What could be wrong?

Herko
Re: Problem upgrading 2.0.9.2 -> 2.0.10
  • 2006/1/6 10:24

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

You must have overwritten your mainfile.php. Do you have a backup of the original mainfile.php? If so, restore that, and you're good to go. Otherwise, you will have to open the new mainfile.php file in a text editor and manually put in the values for physical path (like: /home/usr/sitename.com/htdocs) and url (like: www.sitename.com), database server (probably localhost) database name, username, password.

Herko

Kasch
  • 2006/1/6 10:53

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks, I tried to copy the back up of the mainfile.php but that did not work for me The website functions as normal, but the upgrade install won't work.

Herko
  • 2006/1/6 11:38

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Upgrade install? Did you read the upgrade instructions? There is no upgrade install. It's just overwriting the files with updated ones, and then clicking 'update' in system admin -> modules in the modules whose code is updated.

Herko

JelleB
  • 2006/1/7 12:22

• JelleB

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/4 1

Hi, I am trying to build a debian package for xoops, and this bugged me too: what is in the purpose of the upgrade patches? Are that only the updated files or is there some more logic in them?
If i overwrite an older version with a new release, what do i have to do to make sure the rest of the system gets upgraded ?(DB updates etc.)

If one has to be logged in to run this upograde script, then there is no way to do this automatically when the software gets updated, which might mean the XOOPS site gets broken after an apt-get upgrade. Not what you want.

Kasch
  • 2006/1/7 12:39

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
It's just overwriting the files with updated ones, and then clicking 'update' in system admin -> modules in the modules whose code is updated.

Thanks a lot Herko. I was fooled by the Install-folder... Now I have managed to upgrade the system to 2.0.13.2. But when trying to upgrade to 2.2.3a some most parts of the website are visible, while some are not. And I vcan not reach the admin page - it is blank! I tried to search the forum and this seems to be a common problem. I could'nt find any solution to this problem though - please help, oh you wise man of the core team.

(I am getting used to these situations like this but I am getting used to the situation. But my users won't get used to this - and they are getting pretty annoyed when the site goes down every now and then beacuse of upgrade problems.)

Lance_
  • 2006/1/7 13:44

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

In the case of XOOPS there have not had DB changes in quite a while under the 2.0.x series, so that upgrades really only requires uploading new files. Even uploading the full package minus the mainfile.php and install folder will do. Then updating the System Module.

Changes to the DB were made in the 2.2.x series and in thh Docs Folder the Update.html file will give instructions on updating.

@Kasch
I think you have not run thehttp://yourxoopsurl/xoopsupdate.php for your update. This will apply the DB changes which should fix your problem.

It is good practice when updating(Especially from 2.0.x to 2.2.x) that you make a full backup with DB of the site. If you are able to, create a backup site, and do the upgrade on that site first, to see if you encounter any problems before touching the live site and affect you users.

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Kasch
  • 2006/1/7 14:21

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
I think you have not run thehttp://yourxoopsurl/xoopsupdate.php for your update. This will apply the DB changes which should fix your problem.

I did run the xoopsupdate script. What happened was that blocks won't show in the main page. I guess I could fix that but I can not view the admin section - it has gone completely blank.

Thanks for trying to help me out on this. I will be most greatful for further suggestions how to fix the problem.

(I have a compelete backup of the site and DB, but it costs time and frustration to delete and recreate the whole site every time an update goes wrong. I hope this time the update can be fixed in som way. Meanwhile I am receiving upset e-mails from my users...)

Lance_
  • 2006/1/7 14:39

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

For the blocks, that is normal. Happened to me too. the blocks structure has changed in 2.2 so you do have to rebuild them.

As for admin, delete files in /templates_c and /cache to see if it'll help.

I would suggest you stay on 2.0.13.2 for the moment and try upgrades on a backup site, just to make sure all functionnalities you need will work on 2.2

Peace.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Kasch
  • 2006/1/7 15:58

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
As for admin, delete files in /templates_c and /cache to see if it'll help.

Thanks, but no, it won't help. The site seems to function, but the admin section is blank. I never got this faar before when trying to upgrade to 2.2 and it would be a pity to give up now

Any other suggestions?

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits