mlw4428
Problems with customization of frontpage
  • 2006/1/4 2:04

• mlw4428

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 2

Three problems:

1)
I wanted to use the section manager to create custom articles and it works well. The problem is that one the frontpage you can see the link called "section" and I don't want that there. I've looked everywhere for a way to remove it (even going into the MySQL tables to see if it was hidden as a link in there). Also if possible I don't want to do with by editing files. If this has to be done, is there software to do this automatically?

2)
Also I wanted to use blogging software and have been using WeBLOG. It's good and everything, but I want to get rid of the We and just leave it as Blog. If this isn't possible due to license agreement issues does anyone know of good blogging software? It must be multi-user (all of my users can create blogs), the ability to have categories, moderation capabilities, commenting, and for it to be fully intergreated with xoops.

3)
Lastly on login the theme I'm using does something funny to the text that you see after logging in (the "please click here if you don't want to wait" stuff). It causes most of the text to be the same color as the background (you can still see the hyperlink "here"). How can I fix this litte bug?

Thanks for any help that I get. So that you all know, the CMS I used before this was PHP-Fusion. For more info my site is www.highvoltpc.com.

Will_H
Re: Problems with customization of frontpage
  • 2006/1/4 4:02

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Quote:

mlw4428 wrote:
1)
I wanted to use the section manager to create custom articles and it works well. The problem is that one the frontpage you can see the link called "section" and I don't want that there. I've looked everywhere for a way to remove it (even going into the MySQL tables to see if it was hidden as a link in there). Also if possible I don't want to do with by editing files. If this has to be done, is there software to do this automatically?

I am not sure what you mean by "section manager" I assume you are speaking of the content module. Regardless I am familiar with your problem and this is how you fix it...

First off copy the url of the page you wish to display.

currently you have added content and called it sections(or whatever)Go into this area and remove the "Link Title" and set the content to invisible.

Ceate new content with an external url to your original content page. name the link whatever you want to be displayed

You should now have a link title free content page.

I really hope you are talking aboutthis module :)

Quote:

3)
Lastly on login the theme I'm using does something funny to the text that you see after logging in (the "please click here if you don't want to wait" stuff). It causes most of the text to be the same color as the background (you can still see the hyperlink "here"). How can I fix this litte bug?

This is going to be in your css file... Obviously they are all different, However a quick way to look is to brose by font refernce. i.e. if you look for any reference to fonts there should be a reference to color very close by.

mlw4428
  • 2006/1/4 21:52

• mlw4428

• Just popping in

Problems 2 and 3 have been totally solved. One issue remains with problem 1 (I upgraded my XOOPS installation to the newest version to get some added stuff), but what remains is on the frontpage I see the link called "Content" (I'm using the content .5 module). I want to hide that link and I can't figure out how to do it.

Quest
  • 2006/1/4 22:37

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

You can go into your administration menu to system modules.

Find the installed Content module and set it to "0" (without the quotes). This will hide it from the Main Menu.

mlw4428
  • 2006/1/4 22:57

• mlw4428

• Just popping in

Thank you very much your solution worked.

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits