niggy
Did I upgraded my Xoops?
  • 2006/1/3 10:08

• niggy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/15

Oh, I am very sorry, but I am really BIG NEWBIE ...

I almoust don't know nothing about installing etc... I installed XOOPS using Fantastico, then downloaded your newest 2.2 version and i think I upgraded my XOOPS from 2.0.13 to 2.2 but... do I really did it?? Because on bottom of site i still see: Powered by XOOPS 2.0 © 2001-2003 The XOOPS Project

Modules Administration still shows System version as 2.13...

So it means I uploaded (owerwrited) all files, clicked on upgrade link and updated System module but still did something wrong?

wtravel
Re: Did I upgraded my Xoops?

By default (I think) the 'powered by' is derived from the 'meta tags and footer' settings, which you can find in your admin menu.

It is possible that the 2003 is hardcoded in your theme. So if you would like to update it, your theme file would be the second place to look.

niggy
  • 2006/1/4 17:15

• niggy

• Just popping in

Ok. But as I said Modules -> Administration -> System still shows System version as 2.13... So it means, I didn't upgraded it to 2.2?

wtravel

Ah sorry, by reading too fast I must have missed that line

Did the complete look of the admin menu change after the upgrade, or is the admin menu still with large buttons in the left column?

billyvision

yes the admin area should have a change look with a drop down menu for links! did u notice any change in the admin area look?

to upgrade first make a backup of ur site!
then choose the right package to upgrade! i will personally not recommend fantastico for upgradation!

niggy
  • 2006/1/4 17:31

• niggy

• Just popping in

No, when I loggin and go to Administration Menu I see blank page and only administration links on top of page (drop down menu):

Actions Preferences Modules Blocks Users Misc.Tools

Btw, I upgraded myself not via Fantastico, I only used Fantastico for installing Hoops 2.13

toddherrold

then, yes. it sounds like you upgraded. I am running version 2.2.3 Final and my system module is 2.13, so I think that is ok.

But this is a very good question and has come up A LOT. Why doesn't XOOPS have a place in the admin where IT TELLS YOU what version you are running.

niggy
  • 2006/1/4 17:43

• niggy

• Just popping in

Oh! Great!!! Did I say I am newbie/beginner? Oh, no, no - I am hero! I upgraded my hoops site and even didn't get errors and didn't deleted nothing (actually I almoust always get errors when install something )

Anyway, thanks for answers, I really hope that I upgraded it and sorry for bad english...

wtravel

Yes you upgraded then . The system version is supposed to be 2.13, it is not the same as the XOOPS version.

billyvision

dont worry about the bad english ! after all english is not our mother tounge!

congrats on ur upgradation hero!

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits