dream77
how to use liaise for pm messages?
  • 2005/12/29 2:25

• dream77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/24

How do I make my XOOPS site to use a liaise form for pm messages and internal posts? I guess I just have to change the link adress for pm button and for send button in users account managment. But I do not know in what file or files I shall look in to change it. Anyone have an idea in how to make this work?

erzon
Re: how to use liaise for pm messages?
  • 2005/12/29 5:02

• erzon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/1 3

theres an option if you want the submitted info will be email to you or PM to you..

PM work only if the registered member use the form but if guest use the form it will automatically email the webmaster for that info since guest dont have right for PM in xoops

dream77
  • 2005/12/29 11:09

• dream77

• Just popping in

Thanks for the info, but that is not what I want to do. I want to exchange the XOOPS pm form and use my custom made liaise form. So if someone click on the pm button in user info, they will be taken to my custom made form, instead of the normal XOOPS form.

I have figured out that I need to change somthing in "viewpmsg.php" but I do not know what to change. However I am not sure this is the right file to alter, but I guess...

Anyone that can help me?

Lance_
  • 2005/12/29 13:58

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

If you plan on adding new fields to PMs you will need to modify the database tables to match and the SQL queries.

I guess we should also be asking the devs to create an Extended PM module ( ) to allow these modifications.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

dream77
  • 2005/12/29 14:31

• dream77

• Just popping in

So it is not just to switch the links for pm messages and piont it to one of my custom made in liaise?

Lance_
  • 2005/12/29 16:28

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Absolutely not. The main thing being sending to members, the liaise will send to a whole group not individuals members. So even if you modify the link to a liaise form, you still need to adapt the sending to members code.

This will get tedious for sure. Modifying the pm module remains the best option.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

dream77
  • 2005/12/29 16:39

• dream77

• Just popping in

I suspected that it would not be easy, but you never know.
How do I add fields in the XOOPS pm module then? What php file shall I look in? How do I make it possible to add file attachments and to upload an image to put in the message?

Ps: for start, how do I set the size of the pm message box that appears when you click on pm button? the box is to smal and scrolbars appears, I do not like the look of it and would prefer if the window wher a little bit bigger.

Anyone that can help me with the rest I would be glad.

Martin

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits