martyboy
Getting Yahoo News/Blog search to include my news module?
  • 2005/12/27 12:27

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hey all, I've been wondering how to get the Yahoo News/Blog search to include posts from my website when someone types in a relevant search term(Michael Jackson). If you goto http://news.yahoo.com and type in XOOPS in the search a list of topics from xoops.org News is shown in the blog search, I would like my site in thier whenever someone types in Michael Jackson or a related term.

Does anyone know how yahoo searches blogs? and if there is a way to submit your site, I have already tried submitting my site for inclusion in news results many times but to no avail. I use the very first news module(1.0 i think) and XOOPS 2.0.13.2 if that makes any difference.

My news module is here http://mjtkop.com/home/modules/news/

Thanks
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

gestroud
Re: Getting Yahoo News/Blog search to include my news module?
  • 2005/12/27 15:25

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

terrion
Re: Getting Yahoo News/Blog search to include my news module?
  • 2005/12/27 16:26

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

Many search engines interpret repeated submission as spamming the search engine. You may do more harm than good by "attacking" Yahoo! over and over. May be best to sit back and let nature take it's course.

Also, links to your site from other well established sites may do more good than submitting your site directly to ANY search engine.

I'd love to link to you (or any XOOPS sites) from a directory I'm building here. You can add your link automatically from this page. It takes about 24 hours for your link to show up.

Happy Holidays,
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

Login

Who's Online

411 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 411

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits