fredgsanford
Paypal Shop/Mall?

Why not create a Paypal Shop/Mall module that will allow members to post their own products that they have for sale and enter their personal Paypal email address's to recieve payment?

That would be mighty cool!

cheers

toddherrold
Re: Paypal Shop/Mall?

I think there are other commerce modules that work with paypal. . OSCommerce, Zshop, and some others.

fredgsanford

I don't think they function like a mall though.
I bet members are not allowed to create products and sell them in the store. Most of the online store scripts are just that, and only the admin can add products and accept payment. A mall is diferent in that it allows multiple members to create and sell products. I guess I would really like to see a Paypal Mall module that accepts payment through member's individual Paypal email accounts.

I know it would be a pain in the butt to code, but isn't that what this forum is for ... hoping, and dreaming? ..haha

AS far as the current online store modules that are available for xoops, wich one would you recommend if any?

I have tried an oscomerce demo before, and I don't like their system. I would rather see a cubecart module created for XOOPS if I had a choice of simple online stores.

dream77
  • 2006/1/6 19:24

• dream77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/24

A paypal Shop/Mall module that you described making it possible for user to post there own products for sale. That would realy be a cool module. And if there were an option for the admin the take a small % of each sold products that would also be a very usefull feature.

To bad I do not no anything about coding, but someone else might and can make this happen.

mlw4428
  • 2006/1/6 20:18

• mlw4428

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 2

Quote:

fredgsanford wrote:
I don't think they function like a mall though.
I bet members are not allowed to create products and sell them in the store. Most of the online store scripts are just that, and only the admin can add products and accept payment. A mall is diferent in that it allows multiple members to create and sell products. I guess I would really like to see a Paypal Mall module that accepts payment through member's individual Paypal email accounts.

I know it would be a pain in the butt to code, but isn't that what this forum is for ... hoping, and dreaming? ..haha

AS far as the current online store modules that are available for xoops, wich one would you recommend if any?

I have tried an oscomerce demo before, and I don't like their system. I would rather see a cubecart module created for XOOPS if I had a choice of simple online stores.

Something like that is a big project, however that's not the only issue. Other things like will you allow users to sell the same product as someone else for a cheaper cost come into play. Also how would you verify the sellers? Then you also have problems with users selling stuff that they shouldn't sell. Also with a project so big you're either looking at a long wait...or having to pay for it.

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits