LionHeart
Missing Theme Block Data
  • 2005/12/24 20:20

• LionHeart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

I'm having a problem with a clean XOOPS installation;

I'm using a fresh installation of XOOPS 2.2.3, using the default theme. I'm trying to setup a System Theme block to be able to change the theme of the site. The block title displays, but there's no selection box beneath it.

I'm getting this error:

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_themes.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

The file does exist at;

modules/system/templates/blocks/system_block_themes.html

and had a permissions setting of 744 just like the other files in that directory. I changed the permission to 755 and 777, but neither one fixed the problem.

I have not cloned the Templates or tried to do anything with them except to look inside at what System Templates were present. There was no template for 'system_block_themes.html', I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.

Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, and happy holidays!

-Lion

Stewdio
Re: Missing Theme Block Data
  • 2005/12/24 20:59

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Go your module admin and click the update button for "System" and see if that helps. It's possible your template file is corrupted so updating will rebuild it.

Also try to reupload the class/smarty/Smarty.class.php file to your server.
XOOPS Community Support

LionHeart
  • 2005/12/24 23:24

• LionHeart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

Updating the System module fixed it, Stew, thank you very much . Do you know if all the v.2 templates compatible with the 2.2.3?

I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday!

-Lion

Stewdio
  • 2005/12/25 5:14

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

That will largly depend on the modules you are using.

From this point forward, I would look very carefuly at the releases you download to be sure of compatability issues. Make sure you see 2.2+ in the release notes before considering a module/

Not all modules will work , however, they are all worth a try. I myself had no issues updating, but I'm not a huge fan of too many modules and general site clutter. If you are a minimalist like me, you will have very little problems, however that is no guarantee that all your modules will work out of the box, so to speak.

One thing you can do is to update each of your module templates, but only if you are haveing problems. Go on the premise, if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

You should be ok, but do be carefull about what blocks you place on your site because some changes may produce a blank screen because of one misconfigured block.

Rebuild your site layout one block/module at a time and you will be just fine.
XOOPS Community Support

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits