shalommemphi
Control Panel Icons GONE!

I log in as administrator on my site, then click on administration which takes me to the control panel admin.php however now all of a sudden all of my modules icons do not show up. They are all running okay, I just no longer have their icons to click on in the control panel. Any idea what caused this, it has been fine for months, and I changed nothing new...any advice would be appreciated.
Helping each other with Knowledge

JMorris
Re: Control Panel Icons GONE!
  • 2005/12/23 21:42

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Try deleting the file admin.php from the cache directory, then try going back into your admin section. It should act like it did the first time you entered the admin section of your site after initial install. If the admin.php file is not there, then check the file system permissions on the cache directory. Your hosting provider may have run a script that changes user's directory permissions. I've had that one happen before.

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

shalommemphi

Where exactly would that file be, In the cache directory I do not see that file at all. I see adminmenu.php but it shows empty. Or am I looking at the wrong directly? Also what should the file directory access settings be. I assume you mean the CMOD settings?

shalommemphi

Just for fun I renamed the adminmenu.php to adminmenu1.php then went to my site. It did like you said and asked if it was the first time to the administrative area. I said YES and it appears to have fixed it.

So, again what is the correct setting for the cache directory and I guess I should email the server administrators to inquire?

JMorris
  • 2005/12/24 13:53

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Sorry, I gave you the wrong file name. Yes, it's adminmenu.php. Try using chmod 755 on the cache directory. If that doesn't work, use 777.

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

shalommemphi

That worked, thanks for your assistance!!

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits