-gonzo-
wiwimod 0.8.3 on Xoops 2.2.3
  • 2005/12/20 15:51

• -gonzo-

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/5

Hi,

I'm setting up a XOOPS intranet and just installed wiwimod. I have not been able to create a new wiwi page.

As an Administrator, when I go to the Blocks / Groups tab (http://localhost/xoops/modules/wiwimod/admin/myblocksadmin.php),
I get the following text, the rest of the page is blank:

Notice [PHP]: Object of class XoopsUser could not be converted to int in file C:xoopsclasstheme.php line 442

I see this same message on several other pages (not just wiwimod pages), so I have been ignoring it. However, maybe this is something I need to fix.

I am running:
Win XP Pro, IIS
MySQL 4.1.14
PHP 5.1.1
Xoops 2.2.3a
Wiwimod 0.8.3

Thanks in advance for any help!

Marc

-gonzo-
Re: wiwimod - Object of class XoopsUser could not be converted to int
  • 2005/12/20 18:28

• -gonzo-

• Just popping in

Ok I figured out that the PHP notice "XoopsUser could not be converted to int" can be ignored.

However, I did some digging in the wiwimod code and made the following change to get the myblocksadmin.php page to show:

Replaced

// get blocks owned by the module
$block_arr =& XoopsBlock::getByModule$xoopsModule->mid() ) ;

With

$block_handler = &xoops_gethandler('block');
$block_arr =& $block_handler->getByModule($xoopsModule->mid()) ;

Looks like wiwimod is trying to call getByModule without instantiating a proper XoopsBlock object. Hopefully this change is ok. At least I can see the rest of the page now. However, I don't think this solves my root problem of not being able to create a new wiki page.

I'll post a message athttp://www.zonatim.com to see if I can get some more help.

-gonzo-
Re: wiwimod - Xoops 2.2.3
  • 2005/12/20 18:47

• -gonzo-

• Just popping in

Ok looks like Wiwimod 0.8.3 is not fully supported in XOOPS 2.2.3. Is anyone using this combination? If so, what changes did you have to make for it to work?

Thanks

Marc

mpowell
  • 2005/12/20 20:45

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/10

I'm using wiwimod on two sites running 2.2.3 without problem. I using one block on my sites without problem as well. No changes were made to wiwimod for them to work. I know this does not help your problem except that it does seem to work on at least some installations.

You may consider using dokuwiki however, since it was designed for use with 2.2.x and is also an excellent wiki module.

-gonzo-
  • 2005/12/20 21:28

• -gonzo-

• Just popping in

Hey mpowell thanks for the reply. After I saw your post I decided to do some more digging and found out the problem was on my end.

In PHP 5+, the php.ini has

register_globals = Off
register_long_arrays = Off

by default.

I changed register_long_arrays to On, restarted IIS and it worked! The reason is Wiwimod, and perhaps lots of other modules, depend on global PHP variables such as HTTP_GET_VARS and HTTP_POST_VARS.

Now it looks like its working!

Marc

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits