dream77
xasset add a product????
  • 2005/12/20 2:12

• dream77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/24

"Once at least one application as been defined it becomes possible to add Application Products."

ok I did that, but there is no link anywhere to create a product. What is wrong?

Did I do something wrong when I created the application? I just filled in the form for creating an application.

I have alse try to add Vat, zone etc, but there is no sign of adding a product anywhere.

Please help me, martin

mario
Re: xasset add a product????
  • 2005/12/20 16:32

• mario

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/29

same problem with me

dream77
  • 2005/12/20 20:25

• dream77

• Just popping in

solved it.

You have to add tax rate, zone, etc before you could ad a program.

the programs seems god, but the explenation is really bad, they have a manual you could buy, maybe that is why.......
I am not against paying for a product, but they shall atleast tell you this so you can test the product.

McNaz
  • 2005/12/20 20:44

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Quote:

solved it.

You also would have solved it much quicker if you read the included (and illustrated) xasset.hlp file under the Quick Setup section which details exactly what you need to do and in what order to get xAsset up and running.

Quote:
but the explenation is really bad

Rubbish!

Quote:
they have a manual you could buy, maybe that is why.......

You can add slander to your rubbish as well.

For the record so you don't get confused. The manual you buy is exactly the same as the xasset.hlp, which you didn't bother reading with the difference being that the manual is in formatted PDF format for printing.

As they say. RTFM!

Now beat it, kid.

[/rant]

Oh yeah. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

McNaz.

PS. You would get a faster response if you post all support issues to support@xasset.co.uk as thanks to dream77 I wont be frequenting XOOPS as much as I would like to.

dream77
  • 2005/12/20 23:12

• dream77

• Just popping in

No nead to be unpolite!!

I did read the quick manuel that came with the module, and thats where I got the explenation on how adding a product.
You can see it above in my first message.

At first I did not see that there where more info in the manual that came with it, but now I am reading it.

I think what I ment when I was upset and did not got it to work was, I rather pay for a product that works, then paying for the manually to get it to work. But they did provide a manual so that is ok now. And I also have emailed them, and they help me. And I will probibly hire them for support and to make adjustment to fit my neads.

What I still think of this product now that I have test it a little bit, it is that is not an easy module to set up, and it is not so easy to understand what to do to make it work.

So, please instead saying things like "beat it kid"
and as "thanks to dream77 I wont be frequenting XOOPS as much as I would like to." You could have help me, or said, have you looked at the whole manual, or I do not not know, something that was not an insult to me. I on the other hand could also have wrote something else rather then to take my anger out on these great persons who made an excelent work on this module. For the record I have tryed, oscommerce, zencart, kshop without the sucess of making it fiting my neads, so I am a little bit frustrated. But I am sorry for my comments.

No hard fealings McZnas, life goes on.

Regards, Martin

McNaz
  • 2005/12/21 8:45

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

So in your opinion saying, “Beat it kid is rude” while saying:

Quote:
but the explanation is really bad, they have a manual you could buy, maybe that is why.......

Is completely acceptable. You would think nothing of it and would be surprised if someone took offence? Would you not expect to offer an oppology if you realised you were wrong? What planet are you from? Venus?

Let me make it perfectly clear for you. I develop for fun. I develop for XOOPS for fun and because I greatly admire and respect the community that is Xoops. I respect the core developers and I thank them for writing Xoops, which was great help to me both setting up websites and learn how to code correctly in PHP.

xAsset is my contribution to this community.

Any support I provide is at my discretion. The more polite you are the higher up in my queue you are. I have no obligation to answer any of your questions. The source code is always there for you to look at if you have any questions.

If you do ask for support I expect you to be polite and have spent as much time researching your problem before you contact me. That includes reading the 30 page help file included in xAsset archive, using the search facility on XOOPS and even try to Google. If you still have a problem then ask me. Politly. Then I will endeavour to answer your question.

People like your make being part of XOOPS unpleasant. I am sure that goes for all XOOPS module developers. You are ignorant and arrogant to boot. The more people like you I come across the less I will be part of Xoops. I am sure that is the same for the majority of XOOPS module developers.

Quote:
And I will probibly [SIC]hire them for support and to make adjustment to fit my neads [SIC].

Rest assured that your business will never be welcome. The best advise I can give you is to uninstall xAsset from your XOOPS website and try something like OSCommerce. Good luck finding a manual and setting it up. There are other fine shopping cart systems out there you can try.

Judging from your posts on this thread you are not the type of person I would offer support to, be it free or paid.

Good day to you.

dream77
  • 2005/12/21 14:02

• dream77

• Just popping in

I do not know what to say. I wrote the above message because I felt like you being offended, and that was not my intention. It was no big deal really, but you seam to make a big deal of this whole thing. According to your message you where not offendend, so I do not understand why you keep writing the things you do. Sure you can write what ever you want, but please, I posted a message here to get help. And if you do not whant to help, when do not, but it is really unnecesary to write things like I do not respect XOOPS and there developers.
I respect them very much, and I am very glad they are making this avalible for all of us. I lack the knowledge to develope things like this myself, so I apriciate and respect your work very much.

English is not my first language so if "beat it kid" is not a hush thing to say, well ok, I inturpetated it wrong.

Ofcource I read the manual and I try to understand a problem, but I am just a normal user and I do not understand so much about php, databases and things like that. So it is not so strange that I ask questions.

I am sorry to hear that you feal like my buissnes is not welcome to use your module. But really, what have I done to make you feal that way? Maybe you do not like me, but judgeing me from a couple of messages, that is really hard man.

I am not an angry person or remembering of things long past.
Since this question I had about xasset is solved, you can e-mail me to is77@spray.se if you feal you like to tell me somthing more in this matter.

Best regards, Martin

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits